The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders David Cramer and Chris Jennings realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About the Team
The Sales Development team at Sentry ensures that all of our customers have a positive and memorable experience when they need to connect with a human. We pride ourselves on the deep relationships that we build with customers so we can help them on their journey to create and develop better software. As the market leader in our space, Sentry already has an impressive portfolio of customers of varying sizes, and we’re looking for the right candidate to continue acquisition and expansion of these customer accounts.
As an early member to our Sales Development team, you’ll immediately provide real impact from your first day, helping our rapidly-growing
company build on the thousands of companies around the world using (and loving) Sentry. If you’re self-driven and excited about the prospect of working in a fast-paced environment, we’d love to connect.
About the Role / Impact
In this role, you will:
- Qualify inbound marketing leads for our Account Executive team
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to execute lead generation campaigns
- Pass qualified leads to Account Executives and to keep updated prospect forecast of opportunity
- Answer customer business questions and determine if there is:
- Appropriate contact(s) information for people involved in the buying process
- Appropriate influence to make or push through a buying decision
- Why Sentry is a possible solution for their needs
- A need for Sentry accompanied with a possible timeline
- Set meetings with key contacts and schedule introductions with the Account Executives
- Accurately document customer interactions for reporting and tracking purposes
You'll be successful in this role if you have:
- At least 6 months of related experience in a successful sales organization
- Proven ability to convey information clearly and analyze customer
requirements to help customers make buying decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: you’ll often be the first
impression that a customer will receive
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to become deeply fluent in the
Sentry’s technology and the industry
- Knowledge of Sentry, Application Performance Monitoring, and developer
- Flexibility (ability to work across different time zones) and ability to think
quickly on your feet
- High energy and positive attitude
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series C! Learn more on VentureBeat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.