About this role
Sentry's mission is to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our error monitoring platform helps over a million developers discover, triage, and resolve production software issues, so you can spend less time debugging and more time doing what you love: building software.
You get to write real code on real projects, no fetching coffee required. We are looking for interns who are excited about jumping right out of school and right into impacting an expansive (and expanding) user base. If you want to build something that makes life for you and your fellow developers easier, start thinking of your new hire gif now!
You'll love this job if:
- You want to experience being a full-time engineer on a team and not "just an intern"
- You value mentorship and being able to work closely with and learn from world-class engineers
- You want to join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly
- You want to contribute to open source full-time
- You are looking for a supportive, inclusive, and diverse team that celebrates your individuality
As an engineering intern at Sentry, you'll be paired with a mentor for the summer, and become an integral team member on our Applications team or Infrastructure team:
- Our Applications team is a cross-functional group of software engineers and designers that are responsible for the end-user operation of Sentry, building the user interfaces that over 1 million software developers see and touch, and contributing to the APIs and server logic that power those interactions.
- Our Infrastructure team helps scale Sentry to support our fast-growing user base, and assist in making important back-end technology and implementation decisions. We have a few teams that help us do this. Our R&D team owns the end-to-end event lifecycle, from event capture to event ingestion and processing, and event storage and querying. Our engineering operations team keeps our services up and helps engineers with infrastructure needs, while the business operations team creates tools to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
Meet our interns past:
- Osmar and Tony, bizops legends
- Elaine, Josh and Ayesha, the fast walkers and talkers
- James, the one who started it all
Learn more on our blog and careers page!
- Currently enrolled in an Undergraduate or Master's program in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with one or more internships/co-ops, writing or shipping software
- Passion for developer tools or open source
- Willing to relocate to SF for the duration of your internship (we'll help get you here and provide a stipend for winter housing!)
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.