The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders David Cramer and Chris Jennings realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About this role
Sentry is a key component in many company’s health and triage workflows. The Application team is responsible for providing the core features that drive these workflows for our customers. A key function of maintaining our integrity as a best-in-class error monitoring product is to reduce the amount of errors within our own product!
As a Test Engineer on the Application team, your primary focus is on increasing team velocity while reducing application defects. You will collaborate with your teammates to ensure that what we build is provably accurate and we will be less likely to revisit those features in the future. You will take charge of our regression suite to ensure our customers get the experience they rely upon daily. You will drive the testing philosophy for our future success and train the team in how to live that philosophy within our daily development process. Throughout this process you will gain deep expertise in our product and help define and shape its future.
Our ideal candidate is an engineer with an eye for detail and an ability to articulate use cases as automated tests. A communicator who can collect information from product managers, influence developers and verify fixes with customers. Someone who has the courage to dive deep into the minutiae of alerting rules and think broadly about OAuth error flows.
- Participate in sprint planning and refine use cases enumerating scenarios that include more than just the happy path.
- Collaborate with our Customer Operations team to ensure our regression suite is updated.
- Work with the team to set code coverage metrics and goals and drive the team to raise the bar.
- Improve the testing infrastructure to remove limitations and excuses for writing tests.
- Establish testing expectations for our core project and train engineers in adopting those practices.
- Identify and fill gaps in testing for our core feature set.
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role (Software Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineer, etc)
- Experience in writing tests with Selenium
- Can write use case scenarios and contribute to technical documentation
- Live in the San Francisco Bay Area, or are willing to relocate
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series C! Learn more on VentureBeat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.