Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $67 million in funding and 20,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
Sentry is one of many tools developers use to create and ship high-quality production software. The Ecosystem team is tasked with connecting Sentry with this wider set of developer tools, by continually expanding and improving our API platform, as well as building first-class integrations with the industry's most popular products (GitHub, Slack, etc.). The goal: making sure Sentry works nicely with every team's preferred development workflow.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Ecosystem team, you'll take on a lead role in growing our developer API platform and first-class integrations. This platform doesn't just allow external integrators to communicate with our REST API; it lets them augment the in-application user experience with new product capabilities. You'll work directly with major partners and 3rd-party developers to validate your progress, ensure the success of integrators, and ultimately deliver a world-class integration platform.
If you want to work in a high-leverage role where you're not just building product features – you're building a platform in which anybody can build on top of – this could be the job for you.
In this role you will:
- Ensure Sentry's first-class integrations (GitHub, Slack, etc.) remain best-in-class.
- Communicate with internal and external engineering teams.
- Review code and mentor less-experienced teammates.
- Lead design and discussions around projects the team is working on.
- Improve the experience external developers have when interacting with our API and Integration Platform features.
- Improve the long-term quality of Sentry's Integration Platform and codebase.
- 5+ years building web applications; 2+years building high traffic web applications at scale.
- Experience with Python, Git, and PostgreSQL (or other relational databases).
- You write robust, well designed, full-stack code while understanding the long-term tradeoffs of your choices.
- Experience and interest in API design and best practices.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.