The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders David Cramer and Chris Jennings realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About the Team
As a Senior Native Platform Engineer on our client infrastructure team, you'll join a cross-functional group of Software Engineers that are responsible for the client-facing operation of Sentry. This includes building and maintaining SDK libraries, our event processing pipeline, and new services like Symbolicator. This means you will be involved in the design and evolution of both external and internal services, as well as create new mission-critical software at Sentry.
If you want to build and improve product features that empower software development teams to do their best work, all while writing open source code, this could be the role for you.
About the Role / Impact
As Sentry's Senior Native Platform Engineer, you will:
- Develop first-class clients for native languages like C and C++, as well as integrations for popular frameworks in Gaming, IoT and high performance applications
- Work in the Client Infrastructure team to improve and evolve our processing pipeline and the services we use to scale Sentry
- Puzzle over unique challenges in the fields of compilers, debugging, operating system internals, low-level optimization, and distributed systems
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Operations teams to build solutions that scale (we process over a billion events every day)
- Write unit and integration tests that ensure the correctness of your work, as well as strong documentation to help educate both peers and customers
You'll be successful in this role if you have:
- 4+ years relevant experience
- You have experience writing high performance native server-, desktop-applications or libraries
- You are experienced in programming languages (C/C++, Rust, Go etc.)
- Good written and spoken English communication skills
- VISA and Work permit for Austria
- Live in the Vienna, Austria area or are willing to relocate
Examples of projects our team has worked on:
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series C! Learn more on VentureBeat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- Learning & Development stipend
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 41.706,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV). The salary that Sentry offers you is adjusted to the current market situation and does significantly exceed it.