The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders David Cramer and Chris Jennings realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About the Team
As a Senior Mobile Ecosystem Engineer on our client infrastructure team, you'll join a cross-functional group of Software Engineers that are responsible for the client facing operation of Sentry. This includes building and maintaining our mobile SDKs (Android and iOS) that are used to send events to the Sentry backend. You will join our team that is responsible not just for the client SDKs work but also the main event processing pipeline. This means you will also be involved in the design and evolution of the APIs used to ingest events into the backend.
As Sentry's Senior Mobile Ecosystem Engineer, you will:
- Work in the client infrastructure team to improve and evolve our mobile SDKs
- Use a variety of programming languages, systems, and technologies to own and solve problems related to mobile (Java and Objective-C in the SDK — on the backend we use primarily Python and Rust)
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Operations teams to build solutions that scale (we ingest over a billion events every day)
- Write unit and integration tests that ensure the correctness of your work, as well as strong documentation to help educate both peers and customers
- Assist Customer Operations to resolve live customer issues when bugs sneak into production caused by the SDKs
Why you will love this job:
- You take pride in building features that don't just work, but are also delightful to use
- You build a product by developers for developers
- You join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly
- You contribute to open source full-time — our product is entirely Open Source
- You work with collaborative, thoughtful engineers who push themselves and others to do better
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- 5+ years as a Software Engineer and/or related role (e.g. mobile app developer, SDK engineer)
- Experience in developing for mobile platforms (Android and/or iOS)
- Experience in programming languages used on mobile platforms (Java, Objective-C, Kotlin, Swift, etc.)
- Bonus points for experience with React-Native, Xamarin, or experience maintaining open source libraries
- Good written and spoken English communication skills
- Live in the Vienna, Austria area or are willing to relocate
- Have a valid work permit for EU / Austria
Examples of projects our team has worked on:
- Java Agent Feedback
- Minidump Support in Sentry
- Fixing Python Performance with Rust
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series C! Learn more on VentureBeat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Contribute to an open source product used by almost a million of your fellow developers and tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that cares a lot about diversity, inclusivity, and quirkiness
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Commuter subsidy
- Flexible working schedule
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- Austrian healthcare
- Pet friendly office
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) and visits to our SF headquarters
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 41.706,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV). The salary that Sentry offers you is adjusted to the current market situation and does significantly exceed it.