Sense Photonics is seeking an experienced, hands-on assembly process technician to play a critical role in building the next-generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, industrial automation and other applications. This position will focus on microelectronics assembly and packaging processes for components. This position will require a candidate with the ability to work across multiple disciplines. The candidate should be a hands-on “doer”, eager to take ownership of challenges and execute detailed instructions with minimal oversight. Innovation, communication and collaborative problem-solving abilities are required.
- Hands-on process development of device packaging technologies, working with adhesives, epoxies, tapes, solder, and manual assembly.
- Support engineering team in the evaluation of new materials and methods, from development to manufacturing.
- Execute experiments for process improvements, record observations, and discuss recommendations.
- Support component processing and inspections for development and pilot manufacturing to meet company objectives.
- Promote a safe work environment, employee ownership of quality and continuous improvement.
- Direct experience with a wide variety of electronics assembly and packaging technologies, including soldering, wire bonding, epoxies, and adhesives.
- Ability to perform detailed manual assembly work on electronics using stereo microscope.
- Experience working with optical devices, semiconductors, and/or novel materials in a cleanroom environment.
- Associate’s Degree in Manufacturing, Operations, Electronics, or an equivalent field preferred; significant relevant experience will be considered.
- 5+ years of hands-on processing experience in a semiconductor assembly or packaging line.
- Strong processing and communication skills, flexibility, and ability to work well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment
We are passionate about building the next generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, industrial automation and many other applications. Our core technology – protected by over 200 patents – enables a simple, high-performance, solid state solution with no moving parts that can uniquely meet the rigorous performance, reliability and cost requirements of the automotive industry.
Sense Photonics was founded in 2016 and is based in Research Triangle Park, NC. We are backed by several top tier venture capital firms and have already developed strong customer traction for our solution. We are building an innovative world-class company that designs and builds the world’s best 3D sensors. Sense Photonics is also an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be given equal consideration.