Sense Photonics is seeking an experienced, hands-on wafer process technician to play a critical role in building the next-generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, industrial automation and other applications. This position will focus on process tool ownership and process optimization for key processing steps in the microelectronics fabrication process. This will require a candidate with the ability to work across multiple disciplines. The candidate should be a hands-on “doer”, eager to take ownership of process challenges and execute detailed instructions with minimal oversight. Innovation, communication and collaborative problem-solving abilities are required.
- Process equipment tool ownership, interfacing with tool vendor, optimizing process conditions, and generating tool documentation.
- Develop process capabilities for III-V semiconductor wafers and related materials.
- Support lot processing and inspections for development and pilot manufacturing to meet company objectives.
- Collect process and inspection results, and correlate with device yields and performance metrics.
- Promote a safe work environment, employee ownership of quality and continuous improvement.
- Strong, in-depth understanding of a wide variety of semiconductor process technologies, including photolithography and wet processing.
- Knowledge of semiconductor equipment operation, system-level troubleshooting, and Root Cause Analysis.
- Experience working with optical devices, MEMS, wafer-scale packaging, and/or novel substrates in a semiconductor cleanroom is preferred.
- This position will require work on 2nd Shift hours for a period of 4 to 6 months.
- Associate’s Degree in Manufacturing, Operations, Electronics, or an equivalent field preferred; significant relevant experience will be considered.
- 5+ years of hands-on processing experience in a semiconductor cleanroom
- Strong process and communication skills, flexibility, and ability to work well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment
We are passionate about building the next generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, industrial automation and many other applications. Our core technology – protected by over 200 patents – enables a simple, high-performance, solid state solution with no moving parts that can uniquely meet the rigorous performance, reliability and cost requirements of the automotive industry.
Sense Photonics was founded in 2016 and is based in Research Triangle Park, NC. We are backed by several top tier venture capital firms and have already developed strong customer traction for our solution. We are building an innovative world-class company that designs and builds the world’s best 3D sensors. Sense Photonics is also an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be given equal consideration.