Sense Photonics, a global leader in LiDAR technologies, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our Edinburgh office. This is an early opportunity to shape the platform that will impact the likes of autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, security and robotics. We are looking for a talented software engineer to help us build out the core building blocks for our LiDAR systems. You’ll collaborate with researchers, data scientists and engineers to help define the platform. What you will do:
- Build APIs that internal and external developers use to build applications on Sense Photonics platform.
- Build infrastructure that makes it easy, scalable, and consistent to expose Sense Photonics products to external developers.
- Work with researchers to refine and optimize the processing algorithms for both depth maps and point clouds.
- Lead and participate in design reviews of the platform.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience and 5+ years of industry experience OR 1-2+ years of industry experience with a Master’s/PhD degree in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- Professionally developed software in C++ on a Linux platform and is a strong advocate of test driven development.
- Has a good working knowledge of Python.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Excellent knowledge of LiDAR, ROS, UI, Computer vision and Image processing.
- Knowledge of LiDAR, camera and / or radar product development.
- Familiarity with network programming would be a plus.
We are passionate about building the next generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, robotics, and industrial automation. Our core technology – protected by over 200 patents – enables a simple, high-performance, solid state solution with no moving parts that can uniquely meet the rigorous performance, reliability and cost requirements of the automotive industry. Sense Photonics was founded in 2016 and is based in Research Triangle Park, NC with offices in Edinburgh, UK and in Silicon Valley. We are well financed, backed by several top tier venture capital firms and have already developed strong customer traction for our solution. We are building an innovative world-class company that designs and builds the world’s best 3D sensors. Sense Photonics is also an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be given equal consideration.