We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer in either our Research Triangle, NC or San Francisco, CA development centers, to be a key contributor in writing low level code for our sensors to writing custom code for customers. Our software engineers are tasked with revolutionizing the world of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, robotics, industrial automation and other applications. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership, and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full stack as we push technology forward.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software.
- Executing full lifecycle software development.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience and 5+ years of industry experience OR 1-2+ years of industry experience with a Master’s/PhD degree in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
- Ability to develop software in C++, Python or other programming languages on a Linux OS.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
Demonstrated self starter.
- Excellent knowledge of LiDAR, ROS, UI, Computer vision and Image processing.
- Familiarity with network programming would be a plus.
We are passionate about building the next generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, robotics, and industrial automation. Our core technology – protected by over 200 patents – enables a simple, high-performance, solid state solution with no moving parts that can uniquely meet the rigorous performance, reliability and cost requirements of the automotive industry. Sense Photonics was founded in 2016 and is based in Research Triangle Park, NC with offices in Edinburgh, UK and in Silicon Valley. We are well financed, backed by several top tier venture capital firms and have already developed strong customer traction for our solution. We are building an innovative world-class company that designs and builds the world’s best 3D sensors. Sense Photonics is also an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be given equal consideration.