Sense Photonics is seeking a dynamic, experienced, growth-oriented Software Leader who can take the company from concept stage to commercial operation. The candidate will play a critical role in building the next generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, robotics, UAVs, industrial automation and other applications. The Head of Software sets requirements, architects the platform, hires the team, innovates, provides visionary leadership, ensures quality, and drives execution.
- Assume the role as a critical part of the executive team.
- Develop a vision and strategy for a full stack software platform for the company’s 3D LIDAR sensor product families.
- Devise and execute on a plan for hiring a high-performance software engineering team with the necessary domain expertise.
- Be fully capable of coding and driving code reviews to continuously raise the quality and efficiency bars for current and future software engineers.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that the software engineering team is working seamlessly with the hardware engineering team to deliver quality products in a timeframe that aligns with our commercial goals.
- Select and manage development tools to support a highly efficient & agile environment.
- Domain expertise in 3D sensing, image processing, machine learning, AI, self-driving technology and 3D mapping
- Proven career progression into a leadership role
- 5+ years in a leadership role
- Up-to-date with the latest research in 3D sensing, machine learning, mapping, robotics, algorithm development and related fields
- Experienced with C++, Python, and hands-on understanding of computer vision, deep learning, and robotics technology
- Very well-versed in building highly complex data architectures and platforms
- Experienced in hiring high level candidates and managing 10-30 engineers
- An undergraduate degree in computer science or engineering is required; advanced degrees are preferred.
We are passionate about building the next generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, robotics, UAVs, industrial automation and many other applications. Our core technology – protected by over 200 patents – enables a simple, high-performance, solid state solution with no moving parts that can uniquely meet the rigorous performance, reliability and cost requirements of the automotive industry. Sense Photonics was founded in 2016 and is based in Research Triangle Park, NC with offices in Edinburgh, UK and in Silicon Valley. We are well financed, backed by several top tier venture capital firms and have already developed strong customer traction for our solution. We are building an innovative world-class company that designs and builds the world’s best 3D sensors. Sense Photonics is also an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be given equal consideration.