Sense Photonics is seeking a junior to mid-level Analog Signal Design Engineer for our newly opened Edinburgh Advanced Design Center. The candidate will play a critical role in building the next generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, industrial automation and other applications. This position is a research and development focused role for an innovative and adaptable IC design engineer who is keen to get involved in all aspects of LiDAR sensor development in a start-up environment. The candidate is an effective team player with excellent communication skills, who is eager to take ownership of design challenges and will use their experience to contribute to the success of the new R&D centre.
- Matlab modelling of systems for LiDAR applications
- Develop custom analog blocks for LiDAR sensors
- Analog circuit definition and block level simulations and documentation
- Layout of analog blocks and pixel arrays
- Top-level mixed-signal simulations (VerilogD, VerilogAMS…)
- Corner simulations, extracted netlist simulations and IR drop analysis
- Bench evaluation and characterization of circuits and systems
- Assist with production test plans for blocks
- Strong, in-depth understanding of analog signal IC design
- 3+ years experience in the modelling, design, simulation and layout of custom IC blocks
- Solid understanding of design trade-offs e.g. noise, power, area, speed.
- Experience in some of the following: power management (PMIC), image sensor design, data converters, LDOs.
- Have experience running top-level simulations of analog blocks up to chip-level
- Have experience in layout of analog blocks
- Experience of bench testing, characterization and debug of analog signal circuits
- Good verbal and written technical communications skills
We are passionate about building the next generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, industrial automation and many other applications. Our core technology – protected by over 200 patents – enables a simple, high-performance, solid state solution with no moving parts that can uniquely meet the rigorous performance, reliability and cost requirements of the automotive industry. Sense Photonics was founded in 2016 and is based in Research Triangle Park, NC with offices in Edinburgh, UK and in Silicon Valley. We are well financed, backed by several top tier venture capital firms and have already developed strong customer traction for our solution. We are building an innovative world-class company that designs and builds the world’s best 3D sensors. Sense Photonics is also an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be given equal consideration.