Sense Photonics is seeking an experienced, hands-on Process Development Engineer in our RTP, NC facility to play a critical role in building the next-generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, industrial automation and other applications. This position will focus on the development of microelectronics fabrication processes for our LiDAR system components and will require a special candidate with the ability to work seamlessly across multiple domains. The candidate should be a hands-on “doer”, eager to take ownership of problems and solve them with minimal oversight. Innovation, creativity and collaborative problem-solving abilities are required.
- Develop process capabilities for III-V semiconductor wafers and related materials, leveraging the resources of various foundry partners and internal laboratories.
- Conceive, execute, and document experiments to establish feasibility for new materials, process integrations, and device designs.
- Evaluate in-line data, device performance, and yield results to determine pareto of improvement activities.
- Support lot processing for development and pilot manufacturing to meet company objectives.
- Collect process and inspection results, and correlate with device yields and performance metrics.
- Document process instructions, inspection criteria, and non-conformance actions in support of the manufacturing quality system.
- Promote a safe work environment, employee ownership of quality and continuous improvement.
- Strong, in-depth understanding of a wide variety of semiconductor process technologies, including photolithography, thin films deposition, and wet processing.
- Experience with SPC, Design of Experiments, Root Cause Analysis is required.
- Graduate Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering or an equivalent field; Bachelor’s Degree plus significant relevant experience will be considered.
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on processing experience in a semiconductor cleanroom.
- Strong analytic and communication skills, flexibility, and ability to work well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience working in a “development for manufacturing” environment, with optical devices, MEMS, wafer-scale packaging, and/or novel substrates preferred.
We are passionate about building the next generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, industrial automation and many other applications. Our core technology – protected by over 200 patents – enables a simple, high-performance, solid state solution with no moving parts that can meet the rigorous performance, reliability and cost requirements of the automotive industry.
Sense Photonics was founded in 2016 and is based in Research Triangle Park, NC and is an equal opportunity employee. We are backed by several top tier venture capital firms and have already developed strong customer traction for our solution. We are committed to building a world-class company that designs and builds the world’s best 3D sensor systems.