Sense Photonics is seeking an experienced Senior/Principle Digital Design Engineer to play a critical role in designing and building next-generation, commercial-grade long-range LiDAR systems. Candidate must have a background in digital circuit specification, design and verification for ASIC/Mixed-Signal SoC, ideally having worked in a chip lead position. We are looking for a person with strong analytic and communication skills and the ability to work well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment. The most qualified candidate will be selected to join our innovative, collaborative and dynamic team in our new R&D centre in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Concept definition of digital architecture & blocks
- Specification writing
- RTL design ((System)Verilog/VHDL)
- Design Synthesis, timing closure & STA - desirable
- Close working with analog IC designers and sub-contractors
- Support DfT strategy & implementation
- Work with IC team on top-level verification via Verilog(AMS) flow
- Scripting (python, perl)
- Collaboration with firmware, hardware, software, analog IC design engineers
- Prepare technical reports, proposals and presentations
- Prototyping with FPGA programming highly desirable
- MATLAB modelling of algorithms a bonus
- 5+ years experience of relevant industrial experience in digital design
- Experience with automotive electronics a bonus
- Experience as a chip-lead is highly desirable
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of industry experience.
We are passionate about building the next generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, and industrial automation. Our core technology – protected by over 200 patents – enables a simple, high-performance, solid state solution with no moving parts that can uniquely meet the rigorous performance, reliability and cost requirements of the automotive industry. Sense Photonics was founded in 2016 and is based in Research Triangle Park, NC with offices in Edinburgh, UK and in Silicon Valley. We are well financed, backed by several top tier venture capital firms and have already developed strong customer traction for our solution. We are building an innovative world-class company that designs and builds the world’s best 3D sensors. Sense Photonics is also an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be given equal consideration.