We are seeking an experienced, System Test Engineer for our Research Triangle, NC or San Francisco, CA development centers, to be a key contributor to engineering activities aimed at revolutionizing the world of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, industrial automation and other applications. You will be a key contributor in system integration, bring up, troubleshooting, and final release of LIDAR systems. You will be responsible for our systems’ test and debug, which includes high-speed, high-power electrical design, thermal management, mechanical design and software validation. We are looking for a hands-on “doer”, who can work on complex projects and able to work outside of their core expertise.
- Collaborate with lead engineers to define and document product test strategies and plans.
- Design and perform experiments and tests of LIDAR system with a focus on electronics and overall system performance.
- Design test cases, generate data sets, and perform experiments to quantify and validate hardware and software performance.
- Performing root cause analysis on complex integrated systems.
- Document results, test plans, and present to engineering team with recommended fixes and improvements.
- Collaborate closely with engineering team to test and validate state-of-the-art LIDAR systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering discipline with >3 years experience.
- Experience developing test tools and scripts for automated testing of scientific instruments.
- Strong ability to isolate and debug embedded hardware and software problems.
- Scientific software test, verification, and integration experience.
- Experience with industrial cameras, data acquisition systems, and instrument control a plus.
- Experience with driving solid-state illumination sources a plus.
- Good lab and bench practices.
- Must be hands on, able to perform solder rework.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
We are passionate about building the next generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, industrial automation and many other applications. Our core technology – protected by over 200 patents – enables a simple, high-performance, solid state solution with no moving parts that can uniquely meet the rigorous performance, reliability and cost requirements of the automotive industry. Sense Photonics was founded in 2016 and is based in Research Triangle Park, NC with offices in Edinburgh, UK and in Silicon Valley. We are well financed, backed by several top tier venture capital firms and have already developed strong customer traction for our solution. We are building an innovative world-class company that designs and builds the world’s best 3D sensors. Sense Photonics is also an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be given equal consideration.