Sense Photonics (View all jobs)
We are passionate about building the next generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, and industrial automation. Our core technology – protected by over 200 patents – enables a simple, high-performance, solid state solution with no moving parts that can uniquely meet the rigorous performance, reliability and cost requirements of the automotive industry. Sense Photonics was founded in 2016 and is based in Research Triangle Park, NC with offices in Edinburgh, UK and in Silicon Valley. We are well financed, backed by several top tier venture capital firms and have already developed strong customer traction for our solution. We are building an innovative world-class company that designs and builds the world’s best 3D sensors. Sense Photonics is also an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be given equal consideration.
About This Role
As a software engineer, you will work on a variety of projects that at critical to Sense Photonics needs with opportunities to write low level code for the sensor to writing custom code for a customer. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full stack as we push technology forward.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Professional software development experience in C++ and Python.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: LiDAR, ROS, embedded computer systems, AUTOSAR and automotive sensor integration.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Master’s, PhD degree, further education experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- Experience in one or more of the following, but not limited to: LiDAR, ROS, embedded computer systems, AUTOSAR and automotive sensor integration.
- Experience with Linux, TCP/IP and network programming.
- Experience developing well tested and optimal code.