We are seeking an experienced, Electrical Engineering Technician for our Research Triangle, NC Development Center to be a key contributor to engineering activities aimed at revolutionizing the world of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, industrial automation and other applications. You will be a key contributor in system integration, bring up, troubleshooting, and final release of LIDAR systems. You will be responsible for system and subsystem integration, test and debug, which includes high-speed, high-power electrical design, thermal management, mechanical design and software validation. We are looking for a hands-on “doer”, who can work on complex projects independently with minimal supervision.
- Perform system and subsystem integration and tests according to work instructions and test plan
- Assemble and test prototype PCBs
- Perform soldering / rework of system components and PCBA
- Perform experiments and tests of LIDAR system with a focus on electronics and system performance according to test plans
- Troubleshoot to component level with solder station, oscilloscope, power supplies, signal generator.
- Perform root cause analysis on complex integrated systems.
- Generate datasets and perform experiments to quantify and validate hardware and software performance.
- Document results, test plans, and present to engineering team
- Collaborate closely with engineering team to test and validate state-of-the-art LIDAR systems.
- 5+ years of related experience
- Good solder, desolder, rework skills a must.
- Basic understanding of digital and analog circuits, schematics, and layout.
- Strong ability to isolate and debug embedded hardware and software problems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good lab and bench practices.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering, related field, or relevant experience.
We are passionate about building the next generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, industrial automation and many other applications. Our core technology – protected by over 200 patents – enables a simple, high-performance, solid state solution with no moving parts that can uniquely meet the rigorous performance, reliability and cost requirements of the automotive industry. Sense Photonics was founded in 2016 and is based in Research Triangle Park, NC with offices in Edinburgh, UK and in Silicon Valley. We are well financed, backed by several top tier venture capital firms and have already developed strong customer traction for our solution. We are building an innovative world-class company that designs and builds the world’s best 3D sensors. Sense Photonics is also an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be given equal consideration.