Sense Photonics is seeking an experienced, hands-on Wafer Process Engineer in our RTP, NC facility to play a critical role in building the next-generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, industrial automation and other applications. This position will focus on Micro-Transfer Printing and associated processes for the fabrication of semiconductor devices for our LiDAR system. This will require a candidate with the ability to work across multiple disciplines. The candidate should be a hands-on “doer”, eager to take ownership of process challenges and execute detailed instructions with minimal oversight. Innovation, communication and collaborative problem-solving abilities are required. This position will require working 2nd Shift hours for a period of approximately 6 months.
- Develop process capabilities and new technologies for III-V semiconductor heterogeneous integration, with a focus on Micro-Transfer Printing.
- Define and execute experiments to characterize equipment operation and improve process performance.
- Support lot processing and inspections for development and pilot manufacturing to meet company objectives.
- Collect process and inspection results, and correlate with device yields and performance metrics.
- Document process instructions, inspection criteria, and non-conformance actions in support of the manufacturing quality system.
- Promote a safe work environment, employee ownership of quality and continuous improvement.
- Experience with a wide variety of semiconductor process technologies and equipment.
- Understanding of mechanical systems and equipment software.
- Knowledge of SPC, Design of Experiments, Root Cause Analysis is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering or an equivalent field preferred; significant relevant experience will be considered.
- 5 years of hands-on processing experience in a semiconductor cleanroom
- Strong analytic and communication skills, flexibility, and ability to work well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Photolithography processing experience preferred.
We are passionate about building the next generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, industrial automation and many other applications. Our core technology – protected by over 200 patents – enables a simple, high-performance, solid state solution with no moving parts that can uniquely meet the rigorous performance, reliability and cost requirements of the automotive industry.
Sense Photonics was founded in 2016 and is based in Research Triangle Park, NC. We are backed by several top tier venture capital firms and have already developed strong customer traction for our solution. We are building an innovative world-class company that designs and builds the world’s best 3D sensors. Sense Photonics is also an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be given equal consideration.