We are passionate about building the next generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, and industrial automation. Our core technology – protected by over 200 patents – enables a simple, high-performance, solid state solution with no moving parts that can uniquely meet the rigorous performance, reliability and cost requirements of the automotive industry. Sense Photonics was founded in 2016 and is based in Research Triangle Park, NC with offices in Edinburgh, UK and in Silicon Valley. We are well financed, backed by several top tier venture capital firms and have already developed strong customer traction for our solution. We are building an innovative world-class company that designs and builds the world’s best 3D sensors. Sense Photonics is also an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be given equal consideration.
About This Role
We are seeking an experienced operations and logistics manager to assist in managing product development programs and with building the logistical infrastructure for the production of our next-generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, industrial automation and other applications. This position will focus on coordinating the development activities across sites and on building and maintaining tools for ensuring efficient execution and visibility of our development and manufacturing activities. We are looking for a candidate who can manage program schedules, maintain BOMs and build plans, and communicate effectively with engineers, management and third parties. The candidate should have experience running project management tools, as well as bootstrapping operations tools such as inventory control, BOM, etc., in a start-up environment, be a hands-on “doer”, eager to take ownership of problems, able to sufficiently understand technical processes even without a formal technical certification, and address issues with minimal oversight.
- Help generate and be responsible for maintaining project schedules including understanding technical processes, dependencies, and ownership.
- Maintain updates on program activities and generate updates for management and customers
- Generate and maintain library of component and system design BOMs and vendors using Microsoft Office or other low-cost off-the-shelf tools
- Generate and track build plans for internal builds or contract manufacturers
- Maintain sourcing/supply records and inventory reports
- Develop and support a basic document control system
- Support incoming / outgoing QC and regulatory compliance standard processes (ROHS, REACH, etc.)
- Work closely with finance / accounting / marketing to establish inventory levels to support customers in a timely fashion while controlling carrying costs
- At least 5 years of experience in program management, and in operations / supply chain / inventory management, in a technology company, with a strong preference for work in a start-up company.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project, Smartsheet or a similar project management tool
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to generate spreadsheets and reports
- Some experience with contract and purchase price negotiations
- Experience working in a fast paced, small business environment
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary team we’re building:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision
- Flexible vacation
- State of the art equipment for your work station