Sensei is here to guide you towards greater wellbeing. Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well. What guides us is a belief that knowledge is the greatest tool in health, and that technology allows us to unlock deeper insights.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
You can read our story here or see some recent press: Forbes, Condé Nast Traveler
Sensei is seeking expert Massage Therapists (On Call) who will report to the Assistant Retreat Director and are responsible for providing high-quality treatments for our guests.
- Administer professional massage and body treatments to guests
- Upholds Forbes Guest Service Standards
- Have a thorough knowledge of numerous massage modalities and possess a general understanding of body treatments
- Ensures that all necessary equipment is set up prior to each service appointment, and cleaned up after each guest
- Review and maintain an inventory of supplies and ensure enough supplies are available for the spa facilities
- Be on time for shift, prompt with each appointment and perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service
- Provide accurate and detailed descriptions of treatments, packages, services, treatment contraindications, facility features and hours of operation
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 2 years of massage experience
- Massage license from the State of Hawaii
- Performs additional related duties as requested by a manager at any time.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly demeanor, great smile, energetic, calm, and empathetic
- Able to make sound decisions when in a stressful situation
- Organized and able to prioritize
- Must be able to operate equipment, including: an iPad, computer, hand radio, and be able to text message.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, stretch, reach above shoulders, kneel, twist, and grip items.
- Responsible to set up equipment and clean equipment
- Must be able to bend, stretch, sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time, at least 5,000 steps a shift, up and down stairs.
- Ability to push and pull equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds
- Performs additional related duties as requested by a manager at any time
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays
- Must travel to Lana’i for periods of time
- Candidates must have valid work authorization for the U.S.
- Floor Thai & Table Thai
- Lomi Lomi
- Lomi A’e
- Hot Stone
Traits We Value
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and constantly seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Access to Meditation,Yoga and Fitness classes when off duty
- Attend Wellness Lectures
- Gym Access
- Discount on Spa services
- Uniform provided
- Laundry Service
- Access to Bikes
- Reimbursed Parking fees and Transportation from neighboring Hawaiian islands
- Accommodations provided for recruits from neighboring islands
- Employee Meals
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, disability (including association or relationship with an individual with a disability), marital status, National Guard obligation, genetic test results, arrest and court records, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status, breastfeeding requirements, assignment of income for child support obligations, or credit history or report.