The Guest Services attendant will be integral in the guest experience by being the first to greet guests at arrival, the last to offer a farewell, and assisting guests with anticipatory and personalized service throughout the stay. This position will integrate with all operating departments, as well as the Experience Specialists on day-to-day operations.
- Operating vehicles safely and responsibly; collecting and accurately labeling keys
- Greets guests and escort them into their guestrooms following established Sensei procedures, including but not limited to: welcoming guests and opening of doors, assisting with luggage and any other heavy items, directing guests to Experience Specialists, escorting guests on foot or in a golf cart to rooms and other Resort areas
- Assists guest throughout their stay by responds to guest questions or requests, being attentive and alert to proactively assist with doors, carrying heavy items, or refilling water.
- Provides information to guests including but not limited to: The Sensei Way, Programming, Weekly Activity Calendar, Guide sessions, local directions, shopping, on and off property dining, local entertainment, hotel services, and safety
- Fulfills guests’ requests and ensure their stay is as pleasurable as possible; Empowered in turning around any guest opportunities that may arise; taking ownership to troubleshoot, resolve, and uphold the highest guest service standards
- Assists in tracking daily arrival and departure times as well as Daily Guest Movement, helping coordinate housekeeping service and amenity deliveries according to personalized guest itineraries
- Checks guests out of hotel following established Sensei procedures including but not limited to assisting with luggage and offering guests a fond farewell.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Performs clerical duties as required including but not limited to organizing and filing paperwork regarding guests’ vehicles and daily transactions.
- Digitally responding to guest vehicle or luggage requests, as well as team member requests.
- Ensuring the confidentiality and security of all guests
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner and abide by all safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to all company and departmental guidelines
- Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor
- Demonstrate warmth and sincerity in all interactions
- Maintain a professional and welcoming demeanor in both verbal and nonverbal communication
- Take ownership of all guest requests and be proactive in ensuring resolution as needed
- Always maintain impeccable grooming and personal hygiene and wear uniform as directed
- Uphold Sensei values in daily practices
- Successfully complete all training and certifications needed for the position
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all guests
- Report all faulty equipment, supply needs, maintenance needs, safety hazards, injuries, and other concerns immediately to your supervisor
- Leadership – Maintain a positive, upbeat role, promote and exemplify Company values and represents departmental objectives and interests to internal and external customers
- Customer Service – Follow up on complaints, questions, and concerns; respond to internal/external customer needs in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Teamwork - Develop and promote teamwork and cooperation among co-workers
- Safety – Comply with established safe work practices and attend to all safety-related training provided or made available by the Company.
- Due to the intimate nature of the resort with limited number of guests on property, must assist teams laterally across all departments to lead a seamless guest flow throughout the different resort spaces.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven safe driver and clean driving record is essential
- Experience driving vehicles with both manual and automatic transmission
- Experience working as a valet, bellperson, or doorperson a plus
- Incredibly organized, with ability to communicate effectively with guests and co-workers through verbal and written methods
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and react accordingly with minimal supervision
- High commitment to guest satisfaction and service including maintaining a courteous and professional manner and a positive attitude, exhibiting a willingness to help, and promoting positive interactions with guests
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license and an acceptable MVR (Moving Vehicle Record)
Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well and lead the world toward greater wellbeing.
Based on Dr. Agus’ philosophy, Sensei believes we can guide our guests to greater wellbeing by offering experiential movement, rest and nourishment classes and programs. The launch of the Retreats wellness brand took place on Lana’i, Hawaii in partnership with Four Season’s lodging and food offerings by Nobu. In this location, Sensei Porcupine Creek, Sensei is operating the lodging operation, as well as world-class golf, tennis, spa, fitness, movement, nutrition, meditative, enrichment and body assessment facilities. In addition, Sensei will run the F&B operation, as part of a licensing agreement with Nobu. Sensei programs and continuing learning sessions are high-touch, evidence-led and supported by the latest technology. You can read our story here.
Traits We Value
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and constantly seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- 401k and FSA plans
- Subsidized gym membership
- Wellness Benefit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, disability (including association or relationship with an individual with a disability), marital status, National Guard obligation, genetic test results, arrest and court records, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status, breastfeeding requirements, assignment of income for child support obligations, or credit history or report.