Sensei is looking for an outstanding Learning & Development Manager. You’ll be assessing, facilitating and delivering on company-wide training and developmental needs for corporate, hospitality, wellness, and technology roles, driving training initiatives, and identifying and arranging suitable training solutions for all divisions. This person will concentrate on working closely with key stakeholders in the development, administration, and coordination of Sensei learning at all Sensei Retreats and the Corporate Office (this is operational learning).
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in training design, mentoring, and enhancing team performance. This role requires strong business acumen and an understanding of the everchanging learning and performance market, and People best practices. We’re looking for a critical thinker with high EQ that is data-driven and comfortable with technology. This is a fast-paced and hands-on startup environment. Please apply if you’re a self-motivated domain expert that excels at improving Team Member productivity and delivering engaging educational experiences and programs.
- Build, manage, & deliver upon a data-driven L&D plan to address business demands and compliance needs.
- Conduct annual training and development needs assessment for all employees.
- Develop learning and development programs and objectives with appropriate program rollout.
- Facilitate in-person training on select topics and coordinate third-party training resources for others
- Collaborate with Software Engineering & IT to identify systems training needs, training content, and subject matter experts (both internal and external)
- Collaborate with Wellness directors and managers to identify wellness training needs, training content, and subject matter experts (both internal and external)
- Ensure proper and timely communications regarding trainings, webinars, and/or development resources. Develop and maintain new organizational communications.
- Conduct follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Train and coach managers, leaders and others involved in Team Member development and coaching efforts.
- Plan, organize, facilitates and orders supplies for development and training events.
- Ensure all training program compliance and completion.
- Help to create a culture that attracts and supports high performing people and teams.
- Use data collected from learners to inform & revise the L&D plan; metrics may include compliance, training, onboarding, offboarding, retention, and other relevant HR KPIs.
- Develop and implement meaningful onboarding programs and training manuals.
- Own the Corporate onboarding process with new hires, create programming for Retreat onboarding programs.
- Create or facilitate creation of all training materials, presentations, and documents in relation to Learning & Development pertinent to HR, Hospitality, Wellness, Technology, and Subject Matter Experts
- Deliver applicable hospitality, wellness, and/or technology training themselves and facilitate external training with third party experts
- Manage employee and contractor training, including training certification
- Work closely with key stakeholders in all divisions to identify, develop, and prioritize functional sessions and training materials
- Serve as the administrator of Sensei’s Learning Management System (Rise or other)
- Responsible for creating and managing the learning library, including training material housed in the learning management system, any file sharing systems, and/or any company Wiki’s
- Facilitate and coordinate general Core Standards & Customer Service Training programs
- Assist in the creation of departmental training manuals
- Owner/keeper of all property and HQ SOP’s
- Owner of opening training countdown, training matrix, mock-opening role plays
- Manage employee and contractor training matrix and calendar for all systems and processes used on property
- Facilitate on-boarding and continuous education for Guide and Practitioner training, based on guidance received from Scientific Affairs, Programming, and subject matter experts
- Develop “Train the trainer” program and process for all departments
- Support and promote SENSEI’s Performance Management process.
- Serve as a highly visible leaders of our corporate team and engage with staff across the organization to maintain a high level of retention and job satisfaction.
- Leadership – Maintain a positive, upbeat role, promote and exemplify Company values and represents departmental objectives and interests to internal and external customers
- Customer Service – Follow up on complaints, questions, and concerns; respond to internal/external customer needs in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Teamwork - Develop and promote teamwork and cooperation among co-workers
- Safety – Comply with established safe work practices and attend to all safety-related training provided or made available by the Company.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5- 7 years’ experience with hourly, salaried, and executive L&D/People Operations experience.
- Must enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish a plus
- Knowledge of employment law and compliances preferred.
- Exemplify high standards of discretion and integrity regarding confidential matters
- Proficiency with PC or Mac, HRIS, Rise.com, ATS (Greenhouse), Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Start-up or opening experience a plus.
Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well and lead the world toward greater wellbeing.
Based on Dr. Agus’ philosophy, Sensei believes we can guide our guests to greater wellbeing by offering experiential movement, rest and nourishment classes and programs. The launch of the Retreats wellness brand took place on Lana’i, Hawaii in partnership with Four Season’s lodging and food offerings by Nobu. In this location, Sensei Porcupine Creek, Sensei is operating the lodging operation, as well as world-class golf, tennis, spa, fitness, movement, nutrition, meditative, enrichment and body assessment facilities. In addition, Sensei will run the F&B operation, as part of a licensing agreement with Nobu. Sensei programs and continuing learning sessions are high-touch, evidence-led and supported by the latest technology. You can read our story here.
Traits We Value
- Commitment to a healthier living environment and embracing the Sensei Way and philosophy espoused and science identified in Dr. Agus’ teachings and writings
- Collaborative mentality and the ability to recognize how to get things done as a team
- Self-confidence and composure to accept critique, process it, and apply the learnings to improve
- Resourceful and adaptable, understanding that a big idea can come from anywhere
- Open to learning, developing new skills and professional experiences
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and constantly seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Benefits commensurate with company policy for position
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k and FSA plans
- Subsidized gym membership
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, disability (including association or relationship with an individual with a disability), marital status, National Guard obligation, genetic test results, arrest and court records, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status, breastfeeding requirements, assignment of income for child support obligations, or credit history or report