Sensei is here to guide you towards greater wellbeing. Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well. What guides us is a belief that knowledge is the greatest tool in health, and that technology allows us to unlock deeper insights.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
Sensei is seeking salon technicians who are skilled in multiple nail, hand, and foot care services including, but not limited to, manicures, pedicures, gel polish, hand and foot scrubs and wraps. Technicians will be expected to provide high-quality, luxury services to guests. Technicians will report to the Spa Manager. Full-time, part-time, and on call positions available.
- Provide high quality nail, hand, and foot care services to guests
- Strong communication skills where you can professionally consult with clients, actively listen, give honest consultation in an empathetic manner.
- Ability to communicate to the guest the pricing for add on services
- Ensures that all necessary equipment is set up prior to each service appointment, and cleaned up after each guest
- Review and maintain an inventory of supplies and ensure enough supplies are available for
- Presents lectures and workshops on nail care topics
- Be on time for shift, prep time and prompt with each appointment and perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service
- Provide accurate and detailed descriptions of treatments, packages, services, treatment contraindications, facility features and hours of operation
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered
- Be knowledgeable about chemicals and ingredient used in the work area.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization
- Continued education in the field to stay on top of new techniques and styles
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 1 years of nail, hand, and foot care experience
- Nail Technician or Cosmetology license from the State of Hawaii
- Friendly demeanor, great smile, energetic, calm, and empathetic
- Able to make sound decisions when in a stressful situation
- Organized and able to prioritize
- Must be able to operate equipment, including: an iPad, computer, hand radio, and be able to text message.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, stretch, reach above shoulders, kneel, twist, and grip items.
- Responsible to set up equipment and clean equipment and the Salon
- Must be able to bend, stretch, stand and walk for extended periods of time, at least 10,000 steps a shift, up and down hill and stairs.
- Ability to push and pull equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds
- Performs additional related duties as requested by a manager at any time
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays
- Relocation to the island of Lana'i, HI
- Candidates must have valid work authorization for the U.S.
Traits We Value
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and constantly seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Daily Rate
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, disability (including association or relationship with an individual with a disability), marital status, National Guard obligation, genetic test results, arrest and court records, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status, breastfeeding requirements, assignment of income for child support obligations, or credit history or report.