Sensei is here to guide you towards greater wellbeing. Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well. What guides us is a belief that knowledge is the most incredible tool in health and that technology allows us to unlock deeper insights.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
Sensei Wellness is looking for a professional, dedicated, and organized Reservations and Pre-Arrival Manager to lead our national call center team and manage day-to-day operations of our Pre-Arrival Specialists and Reservation Agents. The individual will be responsible for all aspects of the Department, including staffing/scheduling, performance assessments, training/developing reservations agents, maintaining service standards, reservations yield management and monitoring systems and processes of the Call Center.
- A University degree or college diploma in hotel management or other related discipline
- Minimum of three years previous management experience in a Call Center, hotel reservations or front desk environment
- Luxury level hospitality experience preferred
- Must have excellent command of the English language and computer and telephone skills
- Well versed in Call Center technology, systems and processes
- Experience with high-volume phone queue system is preferred
- Must be well organized, communicate effectively, and have proven decision-making abilities
- Must have strong leadership skills and be able to lead a large team of individuals
- Familiarity with Revenue management principles
- Be proficient in Opera PMS with knowledge of Travelclick Ihotelier is a plus
- Applicant must be flexible with work schedule, including weekends and night schedule as necessary.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office applications, (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Must be able to multi-task with exceptional attention to detail
- Based in Santa Monica, but will consider remote with regular travel to Santa Monica
- Oversight of the Sensei Reservations & Pre-Arrival departments
- Maintain daily reservation operations including phone coverage, reservation input and audits, daily activity reports, guest communication
- Implement yield strategies and reservation policies including inventory and rate changes, reservation system updates and property system configurations as needed.
- Serve as main point of contact for the Pre-Arrival process for all retreat locations
- Oversee all staff on the reservations and/or Pre-Arrival specialist team
- Monitor timekeeping and payroll records, staff expenses and performance
- Respond to or redirect telephone calls and emails to appropriate staff and departments
- Directly handle escalated customer queries and complaints
- Maintain and evaluate statistical information for tracking and decision-making purposes
- Participate in weekly Revenue strategy meetings and present statistical information and analysis to organization strategic planning on trends, future rate and special promotional planning.
- Achieve budgeted targets for the department with emphasis on previously agreed upon quality and service standards.
- Ensure agents are using proper selling techniques and strategies thus maximizing revenue generation and contribution
- Conduct personnel activities including hiring, training, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and other personnel actions as required.
- Responsible for departmental budgets, departmental policy & procedures, staff incentives, compensations and benefits, in-bound call activity
- Work closely with Director of Sales and Revenue to ensure the most effective practices are in place for optimal efficiency and profitability.
- Responsible for improved operations through monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans.
- Accomplish organizational goals and financial objectives by providing leadership and direction to a sales-based team through strategic yield management strategies.
- Actively involved in setting rates and promotions for the properties.
TRAITS WE VALUE
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and constantly seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- 401k and FSA plans
- Subsidized gym membership
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, disability (including association or relationship with an individual with a disability), marital status, National Guard obligation, genetic test results, arrest and court records, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status, breastfeeding requirements, assignment of income for child support obligations, or credit history or report.