Sensei is here to guide you towards greater wellbeing. Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well. What guides us is a belief that knowledge is the greatest tool in health, and that technology allows us to unlock deeper insights.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing company founded by two of the best in their fields – technology and health – and impact new technologies that will empower people to live longer, higher quality lives.
We seek a People Operations Coordinator to provide superior services in the delivery of HR programs, processes and tools for Sensei, the choice for top-tier talent in both wellness experiences and technology. We seek a coordinator with deep understanding how HR functions can strategically contribute to the growth of our high-performance organization and drive value and meaning to our mission.
The role is for a passionate expert who creates positive and engaging employee experiences, offering timely and effective coordination of processes and communication within the company network. Act as a liaison for People Operations in coordination of processes and procedures with regards to recruitment, onboarding, project development and company initiatives. Experience in recruitment and HRIS systems preferred.
- Manage and track employee lifecycle, including onboarding, benefits enrollment, employee files and documentation, reviews, and terminations.
- Be a champion and advocate of the Sensei mission, values and culture by developing and implementing innovative ways to bring them to life and foster employee engagement that promotes career growth and personal wellness.
- Manage and conduct our on-boarding program and be a critical part of the team assigned to ensure a great new hire experience.
- Be knowledgeable of our HR processes and systems and maintain accurate data and documentation.
- Continually strive to improve our HR processes and build in operational efficiencies to better streamline productivity and scalability.
- Assist in the support of our learning and development programs.
- Assist in key HR practices and procedures, e.g., onboarding, offboarding, performance reviews, compensation planning, etc.
- Assist in the management of HR programs such as benefits, performance reviews, compensation, and L&D.
- Assist in the development, updating and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Stay current with HR compliance topics to ensure the company is in adherence to HR and applicable government policies, procedures, and programs.
- Recruiting and talent acquisition - in partnership with hiring managers, continue to refine and implement new strategies for attracting, hiring and retaining top talent with a focus on building a diverse and inclusive team.
- 2+ years of experience in a human resources generalist or coordinator position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field OR Associates degree and commensurate experience.
- Working knowledge of California employment law.
- Well-rounded understanding of HR best practices regarding talent acquisition, development, and engagement.
- Knowledge of HRIS, T/A , project management systems : Paychex, Greenhouse, Asana preferred.
- Proven problem solver with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to partner with employees at all levels.
- Experience working in a startup environment with ongoing change and growth.
- Comfortable with public speaking and delivering training programs.
- Personal commitment to wellness and resonance with Sensei’s culture based on our mission and values.
- Exercises strong discretion in dealing with confidential issues.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Apps and HR systems.
- Work experience in the hospitality and high technology industry highly preferred.
- Have experience working with diverse employment types, locations and a global workforce.
Traits We Value
- Resourceful, adaptable and finds a way
- Seeks challenges and delivers excellence
- A strong sense of intellectual curiosity and compassion
- Embraces feedback and constantly seeks to improve
- Able to rapidly and flexibly manage competing priorities and comfortable with ambiguity
- Positive attitude with significant stamina and energy
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team and independently
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- 401k and FSA plans
- Subsidized gym membership
- Cell phone bill reimbursement
- Ergonomic height adjustable desk
- Monthly wellness benefit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, disability (including association or relationship with an individual with a disability), marital status, National Guard obligation, genetic test results, arrest and court records, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status, breastfeeding requirements, assignment of income for child support obligations, or credit history or report.