Sensei was founded by Larry Ellison, technology pioneer and co-founder of Oracle, and Dr. David Agus, a world-leading physician and scientist, The New York Times best-selling author and CBS News contributor. The two leading innovators were brought together by the loss of a close friend and motivated by a shared purpose: to help people live longer, healthier lives.
On the exclusive island of Lānaʻi, our wellbeing retreat – Sensei Lānaʻi, A Four Seasons Resort – exudes luxury, privacy and delight in a tropical environment. Offering personalized experiences and innovative dining guided by our nutritional philosophy, Sensei’s first retreat brings to life the vision of two people dedicated to a global movement for sustainable living, powered by science, data and technology.
Reports to: Director of Brand Marketing
We are looking for a Content Manager who will be part of driving the Sensei brand forward and further developing the brand voice. This is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking and fast-growing company with a long term vision to inspire people to live high quality, longer lives. This role will work closely with the corporate team, while helping build awareness for our first luxury wellness retreat on the Hawaiian island of Lanai.
The ideal candidate has strong creative writing and editing skills and a proven track record overseeing development, execution and delivery of social media, digital and print content. We are looking for someone with excellent copywriting skills and prior experience building and managing content calendars.
This role will touch all parts of marketing. We are a small and mighty team, so we need someone who is happy to jump into different areas and be flexible - social media, email, sales collateral, and website are a few upcoming priorities. A key part of the role will be managing our social media channels and interfacing with various team leads to build content that is representative of our guest experience and resonates with our target audience.
The role reports into the Director of Brand and Marketing and will work closely with external agencies and vendors to manage projects to completion.
Spearhead creative writing for the brand and support campaigns and business initiatives with thoughtfully crafted copy for Sensei’s owned channels (social, sales materials, email newsletters, digital product flows, website landing pages, etc.)
- Manage the distribution of content across all channels
- Create and maintain the social media content calendar including drafting copy, project management of any asset creation, posting and community management
- Contribute to the social media content strategy
- Ideate, produce and manage creative brand-building content series including writing and/or partnering with internal stakeholders to bring brand philosophy and guest stories to life
- Identify and work with creative resources to keep the brand channels engaging through photography, graphic design and videos/stories.
- Collect, monitor and analyze social media and email analytics and optimize content according to findings
- Any and all items requested by the Director of Brand and Marketing
- 4+ years writing compelling brand narratives across channels
- 3+ years creating social content and managing social media channels
- Organized and process driven with a shown ability for prioritization
- Comfortable receiving creative feedback and managing revisions in a professional and organized manner
- Proven track record of spearheading simultaneous projects and enthusiastically contributing creative ideas
- Is a self-starter, able to work with little direction and lead projects
- Has an impeccable attention to detail every step of the way
- Creative problem solver, based on strategy and goals set
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education with post-graduate work experience
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 3+ years working at brand or social agency in a client-facing role
- Worked with wellness or hospitality brands or a product with an upscale clientele
- Proficiency in graphic design and video editing is a plus
- Has robust experience with brand story telling, social media management, community management, and content creation
- Interested in promoting and living healthier lifestyles
Traits We Value
- Adaptability and resourcefulness
- Loves a good challenge
- Embraces feedback and continually seeks to improve
- Collaborative and enjoys being part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Healthy snacks
- Subsidized gym membership
- Cell phone bill reimbursement
- Ergonomic height adjustable desk
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, disability (including association or relationship with an individual with a disability), marital status, National Guard obligation, genetic test results, arrest and court records, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status, breastfeeding requirements, assignment of income for child support obligations, or credit history or report.