Sensei is here to guide you towards greater wellbeing. Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well. What guides us is a belief that knowledge is the greatest tool in health, and that technology allows us to unlock deeper insights.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
Sensei is seeking wellness practitioners, specifically in the field of yoga and meditation, who are proficient in teaching private, group classes, and lectures, as well as all levels and all ages. The practitioners are expected to be proficient in teaching well-thought-out asana sequences with attention to anatomy and alignment, breathing techniques, meditation, and the principles of yoga. All practitioners are expected to provide a high-quality experience for our guests.
- Offer the highest caliber teaching and guidance to guests in private and group sessions, including class preparation and breakdown
- Continuously stay up-to-date on research and trends in your modalities in order to incorporate and provide recommendations on new techniques
- Evaluate program effectiveness, utilizing guest feedback, and suggest updates to programming based on that feedback
- Have an evidence-led approach to your classes and lectures
- Remain proficient in computer operating software systems and reporting required by your position
- Maintain complete confidentiality in all guest/program matters in accordance with company policies
- Bachelor of Science degree in health and/or physical education, or equivalent work experience required, with an advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years work experience in leading classes and training
- Minimum of 3 years teaching a combination of public classes and privates full-time.
- Minimum 500 hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Proficient in multiple modalities
- Appropriate certification, as required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to have flexible working hours including evenings and weekends
- Ability move objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Ability to move, bend, and stretch as job requires
- Ability to monitor and observe client performance indoors and outside in daylight and lowlight evening conditions
- Performs additional related duties as requested by a manager at any time.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Wellness Coaching Certification preferred
- CPR/AED Certification
- Additional wellness modality certifications or experiences
Traits We Value
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and continually seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
- Daily Contractor Rate
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.