Sensei is on a mission to guide the world to greater wellbeing. Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well. What guides us is a belief that knowledge is the greatest tool in health, and that technology allows us to unlock deeper insights.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
Sensei is seeking a seasoned Health Sciences Researcher & Writer. This individual will work with our Director of Wellness Research to find, review, summarize, & communicate the scientific evidence on pressing topics in wellness.
As a member of the Wellness Research team, the Research Analyst will play a key role in supporting our delivery of scientifically grounded wellness services. The Research Analyst will assist in the aggregation of wellness-oriented research, focusing on summarizing and communicating scientific evidence on a range of topics, including nutrition, exercise physiology, mindfulness practices, biomarkers, and wearable devices for the purposes of (i) supporting programs, and (2) expanding a knowledge library to be accessed by Sensei Guides, practitioners and guests/members. Following Sensei’s policies and protocols, the Research Analyst will synthesize the evidence to craft practice guidelines to support our practitioners in delivering high quality services for our guests. The Research Analyst will facilitate the dissemination of research internally through presentations, webinars, email outreach, and testing and training of our practitioners (including nutritionists, exercise physiologists, and body workers). The Research Analyst will be an integral part of a team making a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis.
- Perform literature reviews using electronic databases, namely PubMed, search the gray literature, screen for relevance, retrieve articles, develop data abstraction tools, and perform article abstraction
- Research & summarize the scientific evidence on topics related to wellness, wellbeing, and human health, including but not limited to: nutrition, exercise physiology, mindfulness practices, biomarkers, yoga, meditation, skin & hair care, cosmetic products, behavior change, health coaching, psychology, wearable devices, and diagnostic tests.
- Develop high-quality, scientifically accurate communications materials for dissemination to a variety of internal audiences, including Product, Technology, and Marketing teams, as well as guest-facing practitioners
- Draft, review, and revise marketing material and guest-facing copy for technical accuracy
- Support the Director of Wellness Research in all aspects of projects, including general project organization and day-to-day project management
- Manage a process for researching, summarizing, and publishing scientific communications in a timely fashion for use by our practitioners
- Develop & maintain documentation and presentations in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, providing interpretation of the literature with guidelines for practice
- Support our Product and Technology teams by writing technical specifications for calculations and algorithms to support health-related metrics
- Draft copy for our Product and Marketing teams for our wellness services
The ideal candidate is a methodical researcher, a clear and precise writer, and a wellness enthusiast. They should be detail-oriented, organized, independent, and able to adapt quickly to evolving needs. Although remote candidates will be considered, candidates based in the Santa Monica, California, office (after COVID-19 restrictions have lifted) will be preferred.
- An advanced degree in a health-related discipline (PhD, MD, DO, ND, PharmD) with at least 2 years of experience in technical writing in the pharmaceutical, biotech, device, medical communication agency, consumer health, wellness, fitness, or CRO industries, OR
- A MS degree in a health-related discipline with at least 4 years of technical writing experience, OR
- Equivalent experience demonstrating sufficient expertise
- Experience researching, writing, editing, reviewing, and formatting technical articles, reports, or manuscripts
- Experience analyzing & using quantitative and qualitative data, including the interpretation of statistical tests
- Excellent writing ability with strong editorial and formatting skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- An independently motivated working style with good problem-solving skills allowing analysis, synthesis, and compilation of data from a broad range of disciplines
- A demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, work simultaneously on multiple projects, and complete high-quality documents according to timelines
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, cohesive, collaborative team-oriented work environment
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills required
- Outstanding critical thinking, questioning, and listening skills; superior attention to detail
- Familiarity with medical and wellness-oriented technology, wearables and platforms