Sensei is here to guide you towards greater wellbeing. Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well. What guides us is a belief that knowledge is the greatest tool in health, and that technology allows us to unlock deeper insights.
We are starting with food by building hydroponic farms to sustainably grow fruits and vegetables with a focus on nutrition and flavor.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
The IT & Security Manager is responsible for executing and maintaining the organization’s IT strategy and function by leading enhancements and innovation to existing infrastructure, managing IT support, and overseeing configuration, maintenance, and provisioning of our network, hardware, server, and cloud systems. The IT & Security Manager will work in close partnership with other operational functions.
- Execute all IT systems planning and architecture efforts in line with a clear organization-wide strategy. This will include performance management, budget, allocation planning, technology, etc.
- Lead and maintain Sensei’s foundational building blocks related to IT governance, knowledge management, and IT policies and procedures
- Advise on technology upgrades, software and hardware purchases, lease agreements, contract renewals, and budgeting
- Build and maintain systems and processes for managing hardware and software inventory across sites
- Provide best-in-class support; this includes provisioning accounts and equipment, assessing and rolling out tools, and providing on-site and remote location support
- Collaborate with external vendors to deliver high-quality support and services to Sensei, creating thorough specifications and ensuring credits and payments are accurately applied
- Administer OS X, cloud, PC and server systems that support the company's infrastructure, including research and development to ensure continual innovation
- Provision, install/configure, operate, and maintain network, hardware, teleconference, and cloud system infrastructure
- B.A. in computer science, information technology, or business. Master’s degree in information technology or business a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in technology management and operations, with past success in a multi-site environment that has required support to remote users
- Experience in IT strategic planning. Demonstrated ability to create, document and promote a long-range vision for technology in a national organization
- Experience in a broad range of technology areas and the ability to learn new areas or systems quickly
- Ability to balance high-level, strategic thinking with detailed, tactical execution
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Superior organizational and project management skills with strong attention to detail
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Past IT experience in high security environments
- Experience with mobile device management tools
- Experience with Okta or other single sign-on
- Experience with Active Directory or similar
- Experience managing a team
Traits We Value
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and constantly seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k and FSA plans
- Catered lunch days / healthy snacks
- Subsidized gym membership
- Cell phone bill reimbursement
- Ergonomic height adjustable desk