Contracting Manager - Art. 68/99
Our fast-growing Technology startup sennder Italia is looking for a Contracting Manager to join our Organization. The role is based out of the Milan office and will report to the COO. Do you want to help us shape the future of the logistics industry?
This Job is open to people registered in the list of Protected Category as per Art. 68/99
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives innovation and we offer an international and friendly work environment with an energetic company culture. Just be yourself and maybe you’ll bring something valuable to the role we didn't initially think of.
If you’re passionate about taking yourself, sennder, and the logistics industry to the next level, curious, and driven by solving puzzles and influencing how we reach our business goals, then you might be who we’re looking for. What others may consider uncertainty, you see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive, while being a team player and understanding how your personal development intersects with the company’s growth.
As a Contracting Manager you’ll work on interesting responsibilities like: manage the relationship between sennder Italia and its suppliers through tender management, price negotiation, market benchmarking and contract management and execution by analysing the market and ensuring that the needs of all the involved parties are met for continuous improvement.
You’ll be collaborating closely with COO, pricing specialist and partner manager to develop our network of carriers, the market knowledge and the ability to reply faster to the request of our environment.
sennder Italia, based in the heart of Milan, is a joint venture company between sennder and Poste Italiane. Our company matches the digital and innovative focus on technologies and digitalization of sennder with the expertise and know-how of the largest distribution network in Italy, Poste Italiane.
Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
You can be part of one of Europe’s latest growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization.
Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
Read more about the sennder Italia joint venture here.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- plane and manage periodical tenders (including calendarization)
- benchmark market results to define and implement a sourcing strategy
- develop scenarios analysis to minimize exposure risks
- analyse market to find the best buying options according to quality and qualification standards
- manage post-tender contracting activities and ensure outcome compliance
- support in negotiation with suppliers (primarily carriers)
- support both the commercial and operational teams with the launch of new projects.
PREFERABLY YOU ARE:
- experienced >3 years in similar position (Buyer or Purchasing Manager)
- experienced in contracts negotiation and project management
- expert of the European transportation market, the main technologies and their suppliers
- an analytical person able to structured his work (organizing, prioritizing, attention to details and accuracy)
- expert on MS Office (Excel, Word, PP), ERP systems (SAP-MM), and PO software platform
- fluent Italian and English (required)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- A fast-growing company, transitioning from startup to scale-up, where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several career opportunities.
- An international team of 800+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 7 country offices with English as our company language.
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions when required with remote interviews, onboarding, and working.
At sennder Italia we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept applications via email.