Senior Technical Product Manager
sennder is a European digital freight forwarder looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to join our Operations & Finance Team. The role is based out of the Berlin office and will report to our Director of Product. Do you want to help us shape the future of the logistics industry?
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives innovation and we offer an international and friendly work environment with an energetic company culture. Just be yourself and maybe you’ll bring something valuable to the role we didn't initially think of.
If you’re passionate about taking yourself, sennder, and the logistics industry to the next level, curious, and driven by solving puzzles and influencing how we reach our business goals, then you might be who we’re looking for. What others may consider uncertainty, you see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive, while being a team player and understanding how your personal development intersects with the company’s growth.
As a senior product manager you’ll work on interesting responsibilities like being part of building a new team which is focused on recreating our infrastructure to match our ambitious product vision.
You’ll be collaborating closely with other product managers and our IT stakeholders to develop a strong product team dedicated to matching our IT-architecture to our innovative product vision as well as the resulting needs of our other teams.
sennder is Europe’s digital freight forwarder at the intersection of where technology meets logistics. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
You can be part of one of Europe’s latest growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization.
Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
In this role you will:
- Build integration with the industry leading Transport Management Systems as well as our customers specific systems
- Identify & test new business opportunities leveraging our technologies (instant bidding, for instance)
- Build an Open API to allow our partners to build experiences on top of our technology (pricing, capacity, real-time tracking, etc.)
- Tie strategic alliances with the largest digital players in the industry (SAP, Oracle, Transporeon, JDA, etc.)
- Create with world-class partners like Uber, the new digital communication standards for the industry
Preferably you are:
- A fine user of the Agile methodology
- Able to develop deep customer empathy and articulate customer problems
- Providing a proven track record of shipping product features that deliver results
- Passionate about sharing your knowledge and have mentored other product managers
- Experienced using data and analytical abilities to help solve problems and make decisions
What you can expect:
- A fast-growing company, transitioning from startup to scale-up, where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several career opportunities.
- An international team of 800+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 7 country offices with English as our company language.
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions when required with remote interviews, onboarding, and working
At sennder we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.