If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
Our fast-growing technology startup sennder is on the lookout for an outstanding talent to join our Pricing Team.
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We revolutionize road freight logistics by making it simpler, quicker, and more cost-efficient to move Full Truck Loads across Europe. We offer the best option for moving freight even to the largest companies by providing a network of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and business analytics to improve their supply chain. You can learn more from us here.
As a Senior Tender Manager, you will act as a business partner and consultant for the operational sales team in our European markets. The role can be based in our Berlin HQ or at one of our offices in Amsterdam, Paris, Madrid, Wroclaw or Riga.
- Lead strategic pricing discussions with sales and account management to devise tailored pricing strategies for some of the biggest shippers in Europe
- Draw cost insights from variety of internal/external data sources and translate these into accurate cost estimates for hundreds of individual opportunities each month
- Take ownership of the end-to-end contract pricing projects for your region - liaising with Sales, Legal, Operations to ensure that all requirements are factored into your offers
- Quickly become the expert on the market situation and complexities of you your region (difficult areas, problematic customers, core seasonality patterns etc)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with your relevant Sales and Operations counterparts
What you will need to succeed:
- Proven experience in transportation/logistics industry
- Experience in Full Truck Load (FTL) operations
- Data prowess – passion for leveraging data to influence decisions (strong Excel/data manipulation skills)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Direct pricing background
- Fluent in English
Plus points if you have
- Prior experience in logistics, working for the tender management, operations or purchasing
- German, Polish, French or other European languages will be highly valued
- SQL skills or experience of extracting data directly from a data warehouse