sennder is a European digital freight forwarder looking for a Carrier Manager/Freight Forwarder to join our Carrier Management team. The role is based out of the Amsterdam office and will report to one of the team leads. Do you want to help us shape the future of the logistics industry?
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives innovation and we offer an international and friendly work environment with an energetic company culture. Just be yourself and maybe you’ll bring something valuable to the role we didn't initially think of.
ABOUT THE ROLE
If you’re passionate about taking yourself, sennder, and the logistics industry to the next level, curious, and driven by solving puzzles and influencing how we reach our business goals, then you might be who we’re looking for. What others may consider uncertainty, you see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive, while being a team player and understanding how your personal development intersects with the company’s growth.
As a Carrier Manager/Freight Forwarder you’ll work on interesting responsibilities like the operational responsibility for our carriers and expanding our carrier network, in order to meet the needs of our customers and offer the best quality on the market. We hope you are excited to help create a product with lasting value, improve your sales abilities and learn about how we're changing the Logistics Industry.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL ...
- Develop new and grow existing carrier relationships (lead generation, cold calling and referrals).
- Build strong relationships with trucking company key contacts (i.e., owner operators, dispatchers and drivers).
- Identify issues and work cross-functionally to determine and implement the best solution.
- Provide exceptional service to our carriers and customers.
- Ensure shipment details are accurately communicated and tracked in the system
- Negotiate the best prices with our carrier partners
- Take a data-driven approach solving difficult issues
- Help define processes to increase efficiency and profitability of our business
PREFERABLY YOU ARE ...
- Proven experience in freight forwarding operations, ideally with a focus on road freight.
- Know-how in convincingly addressing your audience and always hitting the right tone
- Top-notch strategic skills as well as a self-starter mindset
- Excellent English skills are a must, other languages a plus
- Ability to thrive under deadlines, drive results, multi-task and work with a sense of urgency
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- A fast-growing company, transitioning from startup to scale-up, where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several career opportunities.
- An international team of 800+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 7 country offices with English as our company language.
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions when required with remote interviews, onboarding, and working.
At sennder we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept applications via email.