Strategic Project Manager
If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
Our fast-growing Technology startup sennder is on the lookout for a talent to join our Global Quality team.
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We revolutionize road freight logistics by making it simpler, quicker, and more cost-efficient to move Full Truck Loads across Europe. We offer the best option for moving freight even to the largest companies by providing a network of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and business analytics to improve their supply chain. You can learn more from us here.
As our Strategic Project Manager focusing on quality management, you will help strengthen sennder’s freight forwarding ecosystem by improving the company’s on time performance. You will be working in cross-functional teams and working in very close collaboration with sennder’s product development teams. You will drive various analytical projects and help shape the product roadmap to increase the number of on time executed shipments at sennder. This role reports into the Global Head of Quality and is located in our Berlin HQ.
Strategy and Planning
- Be the strategic partner to the Head of Quality and jointly define the company’s global vision for on time performance.
- Translate global on time performance KPIs into local action plans in close collaboration with regional managers.
- Accountable for driving operational on time performance results.
- Gather, define and prioritise product feature requirements and shape the product roadmap on an annual and quarterly basis.
Process Optimisation & Problem Solving
- Problem solving. We're faced with new and exciting challenges every single day. Identify and help implement short-term solutions in a timely manner (ops hacks), while defining long term operational improvement initiatives, e.g process improvements, outsourcing, automation.
- Be a cross-functional partner to the many teams that are essential to the successful execution of your targets, including local and global operations, carrier management, sales (operations).
- Build, launch and operate pilots (e.g. define assumptions, select markets, train staff, coordinate day to day ops, etc.) to test new ways for sennder to operate its business.
- Analyze large datasets to identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency gains.
Who you are:
- Undergraduate and/or graduate in Business, Engineering, Logistics, Economics, or another related field.
- 4+ years of business management or operations experience in a dynamic environment preferably within tech, management consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy
- A self-starter - there isn't an existing plan for you to follow. You'll have the support of your manager and other cross-functional teams, but you'll need to be the one driving this forward autonomously.
- A willingness to 'get into the weeds' and a continuous improvement attitude.
- Data prowess – passion for leveraging data to influence decisions.
- Ability to prioritize efficiently in a high-paced start-up environment.
- Ability to manage a highly diverse stakeholder group.
- Proven experience utilizing your project management and strong communication skills. Able to structure a project from idea to design.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Based in Germany or the willingness to relocate.
Bonus if you have:
- Logistics/Transportation knowledge or experience
- Experience in Dashboard tools, e.g. Looker, Tableau, PowerBI
What We Offer:
- A part of an international company with office locations in 7 different countries, 40+ nationalities at HQ Berlin office.
- Structured promotion process in order to give everyone the same chance to grow.
- Structured regular feedback process enabling personal development, incl. mentorship.
- Employee’s well-being: in-house gym, unlimited snacks, drinks and fruits.
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy building and nourishing long-lasting friendships across teams.