If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We’re disrupting and revolutionising a traditional industry by working on complex challenges within freight logistics. This area is big and very important but many processes there are manual and inefficient. We are looking for strong engineers to help in our goal of automating processes and procedures to allow smoother and more efficient goods transportation. You can learn more about us here
We’re now looking for experienced Platform Engineers to further establish a 4-5 person Platform Team which owns the Sennder application infrastructure platform and related processes. We work in an agile environment supporting a growing number of cross functional engineering pods that build user experiences to disrupt the logistics market. The domain space is complex with lots of greenfield and scalability engineering challenges to solve.
We believe in giving our autonomous teams ownership of a challenging mission and we love engineers that want to drive significant improvements and take ownership for certain parts of our roadmap. If you enjoy collaboration, can lead by example and thrive in a fast-paced environment then this could be the organisation for you.
What will keep you challenged?
- We are scaling up the engineering department, and the platform team is very important for our successful growth. We need to build or improve our CI/CD, metrics, logging, and much more.
- We expect that you will be a person to share responsibility for driving these initiatives. You will communicate with engineers, architects, product, QA, gather requirements and feedback, help in making technical decisions, and lead implementation.
- Manage and improve sennder’s highly demanding platform with state-of the art technologies such as containers, serverless computing, kafka, Postgres, message and event queues, AWS, and much more
- Co-designing cloud infrastructure with a product driven approach and implementing infrastructure as code
- Facilitating distributed ownership of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Extending monitoring and alerting tools with a focus on business enablement
- Improving platform security
- Becoming a tutor for cloud technologies
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Confident presentation and strong influence skills with adaptability based on the audience
- In depth experience with AWS and cloud architecture
- Working with Linux and knowledge of scripting languages like BASH, Python
- Assertive communication skills for an effective collaboration between engineering, product, and operations
- Never stop learning and being particularly passionate about technology
- Experience in configuring and running production grade services in AWS
- Constant drive for improving processes and thinking in long-term wins
- Fluency in English (in both written and verbal communication)
- AWS ECS
- Kubernetes, EKS, Helm
- Amazon RDS, PostgresSQL, ElasticSearch
- CI/CD with GitLab
- Datadog, Prometheus, Sentry
- Python, Bash
What we will be offering:
- A successful startup/scaleup in its hyper-growth phase
- Competitive salary
- As a startup, we have flexibility and a lack of bureaucracy, you can have great impact and lay the foundations of our technological platform
- As a company with an established business model, we are stable, have real users, provide different options for professional and career development
- Usual employee’s perks: in-house gym, fruits and drinks, team and company events
- We treat people equally regardless of their background, sexual preferences, skin colour, and food tastes
- Flexible working hours and home office
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy to build and nourish long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities.