If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
Our fast-growing Technology startup sennder is in need of an outstanding talent to join our Operations team.
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We revolutionize road freight logistics by making it simpler, quicker, and more cost-efficient to move Full Truck Loads across Europe. We offer the best option for moving freight even to the largest companies by providing a network of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and business analytics to improve their supply chain. You can learn more from us here.
The Claims Manager is here to own the shipper and carrier claims process in order to facilitate our rapid growth. The role is based in our Berlin office.
Your challenge will be:
- Taking end to end ownership for the process of the resolution of all escalated, complex or not, shipper/carrier claims queries, damage, and claim financial aspect
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process by challenging existing process and contributing ideas for improvement for our customers and the business
- Giving guidance and support to our operational and commercial teams
- Assessing, adjusting and reassessing any claims as required
- Utilizing critical thinking and solid judgement to solve problems, make decisions and resolve complex issues inherent in handling losses, as well as planning and organizing activities throughout the claims management process
To get there you will need:
- Significant experience of claims assessment / management, ideally with a previous knowledge in the logistic field and/or start-up or digital companies
- Confidence in coverage, claim evaluation and reserving
- Good analytical skills, previous knowledge of Salesforce would be a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills are required
- Professional proficiency in both English and German
What we will be offering:
- A part of an international company with office locations in 5 different countries
- Be a part of an international team from 40+ nationalities at HQ Berlin office
- Structured promotion process in order to give everyone the same chance to grow
- Structured regular feedback process enabling personal development
- Employee’s well-being: in-house gym, unlimited snacks, drinks and fruits
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organizers
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy to build and nourish long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities.