Due to the current climate we are undergoing all interviews and on-boarding remotely until further notice.
If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We revolutionize road freight logistics by making it simpler, quicker, and more cost-efficient to move Full Truck Loads across Europe. We offer the best option for moving freight even to the largest companies by providing a network of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and business analytics to improve their supply chain. You can learn more from us here
Our engineering teams build the user experiences that disrupt the logistics market. You will have the opportunity to make a big impact by working closely with our cross functional platform squad, whilst interacting with our leadership team and the rest of the organization to help scale sennder to the next level.
We’re now looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer that is ready to make an instant impact. We believe in giving our autonomous teams ownership of a challenging mission and we love engineers that want to drive significant improvements and take ownership for certain parts of our roadmap. If you enjoy collaboration, can lead by example and thrive in a fast-paced environment then this could be the organisation for you.
What will keep you challenged?
- Manage and improve sennder’s highly demanding platform with state-of the art technologies such as Kubernetes on GCP, serverless computing, Elasticsearch, Postgres, message and event queues, Elastic Beanstalk on AWS, and much more
- Taking ownership of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines of our portfolio company
- Extending monitoring and alerting tools with a focus on business processes
- Working closely together with amazing back-end and front-end developers, user experience experts, and product designers
- Improving platform security
- Become a mentor for other developers on DevOps and share expertise
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Being keen on knowledge sharing
- In depth experience of Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Working with Linux and knowledge of scripting languages like BASH, Python
- Assertive communication skills for an effective collaboration between engineering, product, and operations
- Never stop learning and being particularly passionate about technology
- Experience in configuring and running services on AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Constant drive for improving processes and thinking in long-term wins
- Fluency in English (in both written and verbal communication)
- Kubernetes, EKS, Helm
- Amazon RDS, PostgresSQL, ElasticSearch
- CI/CD with GitLab, GitHub
- Datadog, Prometheus, Sentry
- Python, Bash
What we will be offering:
- A successful startup in its hyper-growth phase
- An atmosphere of continuous learning and improvement, including brown bag sessions and every second Friday for projects of your choice
- Structured promotion process in order to give everyone the same chance to grow
- Structured regular feedback process enabling personal development
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin with coffee, free beverages, and a gym!
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organizers
- Regular home office
- A competitive salary
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy to build and nourish long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities.