If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We’re disrupting and revolutionising a traditional industry by working on complex challenges within freight logistics. This area is big and very important but many processes there are manual and inefficient. We are looking for strong engineers to help in our goal of automating processes and procedures to allow smoother and more efficient goods transportation. You can learn more about us here
We’re now looking for experienced Site Reliability Engineers to establish a 4-5 person Platform Team which will take ownership of driving many interesting K8s decisions. We work in an agile environment supporting a growing number of cross functional engineering squads that build user experiences to disrupt the logistics market. The domain space is complex with lots of greenfield and scalability engineering challenges to solve.
We believe in giving our autonomous teams ownership of a challenging mission and we love engineers that want to drive significant improvements and take ownership for certain parts of our roadmap. If you enjoy collaboration, can lead by example and thrive in a fast-paced environment then this could be the organisation for you.
What will keep you challenged?
- We are scaling up the engineering department, and the platform team is very important for our successful growth. We need to build or improve our CI/CD, metrics, logging, and much more.
- We expect that you will be a person to share responsibility for driving these initiatives. You will communicate with engineers, product, QA, gather requirements and feedback, help in making pragmatic technical decisions, and lead execution.
- Manage and improve sennder’s highly demanding platform with state-of the art technologies such as Kubernetes, serverless computing, Elasticsearch, Postgres, message and event queues, Elastic Beanstalk on AWS, and much more
- Taking ownership of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Extending monitoring and alerting tools with a focus on business processes
- Improving platform security
- Become a mentor for other developers on DevOps and share expertise
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Being keen on knowledge sharing
- In depth experience of Kubernetes and AWS
- Working with Linux and knowledge of scripting languages like BASH, Python
- Assertive communication skills for an effective collaboration between engineering, product, and operations
- Never stop learning and being particularly passionate about technology
- Experience in configuring and running services on AWS
- Constant drive for improving processes and thinking in long-term wins
- Fluency in English (in both written and verbal communication)
- Kubernetes, EKS, Helm
- Amazon RDS, PostgresSQL, ElasticSearch
- CI/CD with GitLab, GitHub
- Datadog, Prometheus, Sentry
- Python, Bash
What we will be offering:
- A successful startup in its hyper-growth phase
- An atmosphere of continuous learning and improvement, including brown bag sessions and every second Friday for projects of your choice
- Structured promotion process in order to give everyone the same chance to grow
- Structured regular feedback process enabling personal development
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin with coffee, free beverages, and a gym!
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organizers
- Regular home office
- A competitive salary
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy to build and nourish long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities.