If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
Our fast-growing technology startup sennder is revolutionizing road freight logistics by making it simpler, quicker, and more cost-efficient to move Full Truck Loads across Europe. Shippers get real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and business analytics to improve their supply chain. You can learn more about us here.
The Accountant is here to be responsible for managing and supervising the daily operations of the accounting department. The role is based in our Berlin HQ office.
Your challenge will be:
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports and/or statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, internal policies, and principles
- Provide technical accounting GAAP guidance and support
- Oversee the proper timing of revenue recognition rules
- Supervise MEC related processes
- Ensure proper operation of the company’s financial IT system
- Lead the Ad-hoc financial IT systems implementation
To get there you will need:
- Proven work experience as an Accountant with a successfully completed training as a Certified Accountant (IHK)
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
- Experience from one of the Big 4 firms is an advantage
- Excellent German and English skills (spoken and written fluently)
What we will be offering:
- A part of an international company with office locations in 5 different countries
- Be a part of an international team from 40+ nationalities at HQ Berlin office
- Structured promotion process in order to give everyone the same chance to grow
- Structured regular feedback process enabling personal development
- Employee’s well-being: in-house gym, unlimited snacks, drinks and fruits
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organizers
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy to build and nourish long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities.