Global Operations Director
If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
Our fast-growing Technology startup sennder is in need of an outstanding talent to join our Operations team in Berlin.
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We revolutionize road freight logistics by making it simpler, quicker, and more cost-efficient to move Full Truck Loads across Europe. We offer the best option for moving freight even to the largest companies by providing a network of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and business analytics to improve their supply chain. You can learn more from us here.
Your challenge will be:
- In charge of sennder’s global Carrier Management Operations across multiple offices
- Ownership of all operative KPIs such as revenue growth and margin and quality metrics
- Ensure Supply of Trucks to meet all demand generated from Sales and Account Management day-to-day
- Work closely with our sales operations team to perform feasibility evaluation for incoming projects
- Define metrics to measure performance and to hold teams accountable for outcomes
- Foster a culture of empowerment, inclusiveness, operational agility and an obsession with service to make sennder the preferred partner to our local customers(factories, shippers, suppliers) and service providers (carriers & truckers)
To get there you will need:
- Leadership experience in Operations Management / Logistics Management, ideally within the transportation industry
- Strong understanding of the European Transportation Market for Full-Truck-Loads (FTL)
- Candidates with prior Experience at a (digital) Freight Forwarder or asset-based Forwarder are preferred
- Prior experience in a high-growth Startup environment is a plus
- Fluency in German and English is required any additional languages a plus
- Strong time management, planning, and problem-solving skills
What we will be offering:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working hours
- International teams
- Career opportunities
- Free Gym access in our HQ Berlin
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy to build and nourish long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities.