If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
Our fast-growing Technology startup sennder is in need of an outstanding talent to join our Tech Team.
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We revolutionize road freight logistics by making it simpler, quicker, and more cost-efficient to move Full Truck Loads across Europe. We offer the best option for moving freight even to the largest companies by providing a network of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and business analytics to improve their supply chain. You can learn more from us here.
The Lead Frontend Developer is here to guide and lead a group of amazing people, discuss and bring in best practices and solutions to the team. The role is based in our Berlin office.
Your challenge will be:
- Responsibility for planning and implementation of scalable systems
- Selection of appropriate technologies and architecture discussions within our team
- Creating design systems using style guides and component based architectures
- Always keeping a close eye on performance, accessibility and user experience
- Writing clean, comprehensible and testable code
- Quality assurance through testing and code reviews
- Sharing of knowledge and willingness to continuously learn
- Being the contact person for frontend engineering topics
- Mentoring and leading the team of frontend engineers
- Developing the team vision and skillset to stay relevant within an ever-changing industry
To get there you will need:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in frontend engineering
- Solid understanding of at least one common JS framework (e.g. Vue, Angular, React)
- Comprehensive overview of available technologies (APIs, tooling and frameworks)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly explain complex technical issues to all level team members
- Experience in test driven development (unit, integration, E2E testing) is a big plus
- Highly self-driven, professional personality with aspiration to excel in your role
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
What we will be offering:
- Competitive Salary
- Quiet working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Home office
- Time allocated for personal projects
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy to build and nourish long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities.