If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
Our fast-growing Technology startup sennder is in need of an outstanding talent to join our Tech Team.
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We revolutionize road freight logistics by making it simpler, quicker, and more cost-efficient to move Full Truck Loads across Europe. We offer the best option for moving freight even to the largest companies by providing a network of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and business analytics to improve their supply chain. You can learn more from us here.
The Senior Backend Developer is here to develop the best platform possible for our giant customers and bring first -in-class practises and solutions to the team. The role is based in our Berlin office.
Your challenge will be:
- Being part of a smart, motivated and open-minded engineering team of our portfolio company that builds Europe’s largest digital FTL forwarder
- Creating scalable services that help to manage thousands of trucks on the road and the business around it of our portfolio company
- Driving the development by working closely together with other back- and front-end developers, UX/UI experts and product designers
- Becoming a mentor for other team members and taking ownership of projects
To get there you will need:
- Experience in building well designed and tested applications with a clean code
- Deep understanding of Python and its ecosystem
- Prefer working in teams, like to share your knowledge and being eager to learn
- To know how to write good tests or even practice TDD and know how to set up automated testing environments
- Being able to configure and run services on AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Being passionate about code quality and being pragmatic in getting things done
- To have a drive for improving processes and thinking in long-term wins
- Fluency in English (in both written and verbal communication)
- Experience with Django/DRF and PostgreSQL
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Skills in other items from our technology stack
What we will be offering:
- Competitive salary
- A part of an international company with office locations in 5 different countries
- Be a part of an international team from 40+ nationalities at HQ Berlin office
- Structured promotion process in order to give everyone the same chance to grow
- Structured regular feedback process enabling personal development
- Employee’s well-being: in-house gym, unlimited snacks, drinks and fruits
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organizers
- Flexible working hours and home office
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy to build and nourish long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities.