Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus to reduce the cost of remittances and increase safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,600 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
Please note: This is a 6-month contract - Candidate must be located in Sydney, Australia.
About the role
The Senior Compliance Analyst will play a vital role in managing Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions issues and processes, focusing on Australia and the APAC region. They will have a good understanding of AML and Sanctions requirements and be able to operate independently as part of the global Zepz compliance team.
As a member of the Zepz Compliance team you will aim high, embrace challenges and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long-term decision-making.
Reporting to the Country Compliance Officer;
- Working in a small team, you'll assist with a wide variety of compliance tasks, ensuring regulatory obligations and company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- This role will suit an ambitious compliance professional looking to increase their exposure and experience in a cutting-edge Fintech.
- As a member of Zepz Compliance team you will aim high, embrace challenges and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long term decision making.
- Reporting to the Head of Compliance for Australia/New Zealand you will be responsible for the analytical functions involved with the daily monitoring of the activities related to the regulatory compliance programs. Assist management with ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory obligations, Company policies and procedures through review of high risk reports and Transaction Monitoring Alerts; monitoring and conducting risk assessments; partnering with personnel as it pertains to regulatory compliance issues; and remaining current on compliance matters as they relate to privacy, consumer complaints, marketing, etc.
What we’re looking for from you
- Conduct, perform and complete applicable Transaction Monitoring of alerts, through investigations and analysis and identify any potential violation of AML/CTF, Sanction regulations.
- Prepare, review, lodge suspicious matters accordingly
- Attend and address all escalations from the Front Line or business in a timely manner and escalate urgent matters to the Compliance officer.
- Attend applicable Regulatory Reporting Obligations including but not limited to lodgment AML Reporting obligations, licensing obligations.
- Assist with the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the applicable business compliance policies and procedures
- Provide Compliance advice, support and clarifications to the business as required.
- Collate and submit applicable productivity, quality metrics management report for the applicable Compliance Board reports.
- Assist with any other Compliance related matters or projects as identified and assigned by the Compliance Officer.
- Monitor compliance with current compliance policies and procedures.
- Assist in the coordination and support of compliance audits and examinations.
- Manage the resolution of compliance issues.
- Providing assistance in training associates on the Company’s compliance policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance and support to the APAC WorldRemit branches.
- Assist in handling law enforcements' requests when required.
- Assist in ongoing testing of the Australia & New Zealand AML/CTF/Compliance program control, with monthly reporting to the Head of Compliance Australia & New Zealand.
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below do not apply to part-time, contractor or temporary roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected..
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire.
Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1600+ employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.