Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus to reduce the cost of remittances and increase safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,600 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
This is a Zepz role, supporting both WorldRemit and Sendwave
About the role
The Treasury Operations team is core to the success of each transaction and is primarily responsible for FX trade settlements & Treasury payments across a comprehensive range of currencies. You will have Impact across trade and funding lifecycle, ensuring a seamless end-to-end transaction cycle .
You will be responsible for daily management of FX settlements and payments across EMEA, APAC & LATAM. You will be working with a wide range of stakeholders including, FX Trading desk, Cash Management team, Banking Partners and Liquidity Providers, in order to ensure efficient operations. You will provide support in implementing changes to processes and systems across the team to increase efficiencies and controls.
As a member of Zepz Group Treasury team, you will aim high, embrace challenges and always do the right thing; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s growth.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Treasury Operations, you will:
- Management of trade matching process, resolving any problems/discrepancies.
- Ensuring daily trade settlement processes are completed within currency cut-off times.
- Provide day-to-day payment processing across developed and emerging markets currencies.
- Management and escalation of requests and issues related to payments and FX settlements.
- Maintain payment templates in accordance with group processes and procedures. Provide evidence of payments as and when required.
- Ensure Treasury Operations are functioning in line with the policy and controls framework.
- Proactively assist the Treasury management team with strategic Treasury projects (e.g. SWIFT, TMS etc.).
What we’re looking for from you
- A degree at university level with a major in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, or Business Economics.
- Minimum 1-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with SWIFT messaging, TMS and the various payment platforms.
- Understanding of currency scheme rules and requirements.
- Strong ability to problem solve.
- Proactive to escalate issues and drive change.
- The ability to prioritise and meet deadlines efficiently within fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
What we offer you:
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
- Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, and those who qualify for overtime, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most
of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
- Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
- Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
- Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected.
- Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire.
Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
- Our team of over 1600+ employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
- We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.