Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus to reduce the cost of remittances and increase safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,600 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
Please note: This is a Zepz role supporting both Sendwave and Worldremit
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Program Management, the Global Localisation Lead is responsible for driving the strategy and execution of language services across our entire organisation, to ensure our global impact is consistent and localisation be recognised for being a significant growth contributor.
This role is integral to delivering our key business objective of increasing our global reach. To achieve this you will build and lead a team that successfully delivers our language services by incrementally adding numerous new regions and languages.
As a senior member of the team, you will build and leverage relationships with internal stakeholders across product, operations, and marketing teams as well as manage vendor relationships to ensure consistent quality and high performance levels.
As a localisation expert you will own and evolve processes to ensure all localisation and translation processes for our product are optimised.
As a member of WorldRemit’s Marketing team you will aim high, embrace challenge and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long term decision making.
Reporting to the Director of Program Management (Marketing), you will:
- Full end to end ownership of our translation and localisation strategy - including continual evaluation and improvement of vendors, process and managing our ability to scale our content offering.
- Senior Stakeholder engagement to facilitate business transformational improvements to ensure our content is consistent and best in class.
- Be responsible for linguistic guidelines (working with the internal Brand team) to establish one writing style across multiple languages.
- Establish partnerships and robust ways of working with external translation vendors, as well as external QA services to ensure content is translated speedily (within 48 hours) and accurately.
- Be the single point of contact throughout the business responsible for accuracy and efficiency of our translation and localisation processes.
- Regularly review output of external vendors to ensure accuracy.
- Line-manage a team of Localisation Managers
- You will be expected to be hands on, using our CMS Contentful (content management) and TMS Smartling (translation management, to upload and maintain our content offering
- Produce accurate reporting and projections
- Work with the Director of Program Management with process development and best practice
What we’re looking for from you
- Proven experience building and managing a high-performing team of localisation managers, investing in their development, and inspiring them to achieve their potential
- Track-record of successfully scaling and managing content localisation and translation in a content-rich, fast-paced environment, in multiple languages and across multiple platforms and channels (web, app, marketing assets)
- Experience working with translation management systems and language service providers
- Strong organisational, analytical and communication skills, including written and oral presentation skills
- Relationship management skills either dealing with internal stakeholders at all levels or third parties
- You work well as part of a team, but can work independently to your own work plan and know when to seek help
- Multilingual ability desirable
- UX, SEO and Marketing experience is highly preferred
What we offer you:
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
- Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, and those who qualify for overtime, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most
of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
- Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
- Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
- Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected.
- Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire.
Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
- Our team of over 1600+ employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
- We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.