Zepz is powering two leading global payments brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. We represent brands that disrupted an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players by taking international money transfers online - making global digital payments fairer, faster, and more flexible.
Our brands currently send from 50 to 130 countries, operate in over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,600 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
On the sending side, our brands are 100% digital (cashless), increasing convenience and enhancing security. For those receiving money, our brands offer a wide range of options including bank deposit, cash collection, mobile airtime top-up and mobile money. www.zepzpay.com
A world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad
To unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our customers and spending money thoughtfully. Our job is not to do what we can to solve a problem. It's to ensure that problem is solved. If an attempt to solve a problem doesn't work, we seek an alternative. If we need help, we request it, and, if necessary, demand it.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts. We lean into uncomfortable conversations and support our colleagues when they do the same.
- We have a bias to action - We get to the first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn. We measure our own and others’ contributions by objectives reached, not time spent. Living a full life outside of work is necessary for high achievement over the long term.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them. We lean into uncomfortable conversations and support our colleagues when they do the same.
- We are inclusive - Both as a team and to our customers, we believe in being part of the narrative of growth for Zepz, regardless of who you are, where you are from and how you show up - as long as it is to better reflect and serve our customers
Your key areas of focus:
Our Customer Care Team is the 'frontline' for ensuring all customers can achieve Sendwave's mission. To do so, making the experience easy and effortless is a core value for our team. Every decision we make as a company is driven by asking how much it would help our existing and future customers. Excellent customer care is essential to making sure we treat our customers well, and that’s why we need team members with the skills to delight our users 100% of the time.
As a member of our Support Team, you'll:
- Work regular full-time shifts, handling incoming calls, outgoing calls
- Identify patterns in customer feedback and translate those into suggestions for improving the customer experience.
- Participate in regular training & team meetings
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years experience in customer service, preferably in a high volume, high-stress environment
- Ability to commit to a flexible, full-time schedule, working 100% from a dedicated home office
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and statutory holidays
- Level B2 CEFR for English and Spanish is required. The position requires the ability to communicate in English and Spanish with our customers and team at a professional working capacity
- Ethernet connected, high-speed internet required
Bonus Points if you:
- Truly enjoy helping to solve problems for our awesome customers.
- Exhibit excellent written & verbal communication skills.
Applicants for this role must be authorized to work in Costa Rica.
Let's talk about the benefits. Here are a few perks you can look forward to:
- Compensation: 687,500 CRC per month
- Benefits package include;
- Paid leave for vacations, sick, and bereavement, varying by country
- Baby bonding time for all employees after at least six months of employment
- Fertility assistance
- Professional development
Please read before applying
- Position is remote, and can be executed from any quiet location with reliable, fast internet.
- The interview will be conducted in English. Please come prepared to have an interactive conversation.
- Resumes will only be considered if submitted in English.
- Candidates must be fluent in English and Spanish.
Our recruitment process has these main stages:
- Application Review: Our recruiter will take the time to review your resume to match what we are looking for in this role.
- Assessment via Test Gorilla: Once successful on the application review, we will share an automated test meant to focus on your English proficiency.
- Final Interview: This will involve a panel interview session with two customer care managers from Sendwave. The focus here will be on both behavioural and technical skillset
- Reference Stage: After you are successful in the three stages above, we will go ahead and request references before taking on internal stakeholder buy-in.
- Offer Issuance: Once everything checks off and the team is confident in your results and the feedback received, we will reach out with an offer and, with the hope of having you join the team
- Welcome to Sendwave 🎉
And the best of all:
- Our team of over 1600+ employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- At Zepz, we’re excited about the ways we can collaborate and continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.