In 2019, immigrants worldwide sent over $550 billion home to family and friends, dwarfing foreign governmental aid. In the age of cheap, quick transfers through services like Paypal and Venmo, these people are trekking to stores to pay fees averaging over 7% for transfers that typically take 24 hours or more.
Sendwave's mission is to change that by making sending money anywhere in the world easy and affordable. Since 2014, our app has allowed diaspora members from across Africa — and more recently the Philippines and Lebanon— to send money abroad fast, saving our users over 70% relative to Western Union and MoneyGram.
We are looking to rapidly expand around the world in the next year. That's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
The Product Analyst role sits at the intersection of Product, Engineering, Growth, and Operations. It’s a new dedicated role for us, and one we are excited about!
It takes a lot of moving pieces operating together seamlessly to make it fast, simple and affordable for our users to send money 24/7 across multiple continents a
As Product Analyst you’ll be part of the Product Team and will be responsible for tracking down where our systems do not work effectively, digging into data, and making recommendations to keep our product service up and running efficiently, cost-effectively, and in an always compliant manner. As an example of some of what you will do:
- take ownership for our external messaging tools (email, sms) and ensuring that our outbound messages are being delivered as rapidly and reliably as our transactions
- work with our support and growth teams to triage product issues and as needed troubleshoot with engineers
- work with our payment processors to make sure we’re reliably processing payments
- conduct data deep-dives to validate hypothesis and help us prioritize the most impactful issues to resolve.
To do this you’ll partner with different Product Managers and stakeholders across the organization. You’ll need to quickly understand how our product and systems work, the capabilities we have, the nuances of how users onboard, of how transactions are delivered and payments processed, and how throughout their lifecycle we provide support to our users.
- You have 2-3 years of experience in consulting, analytics, data or other technical/product centric role where you’ve had to quickly learn new skills, understand and diagnose new problems and rapidly come up with pragmatic solutions
- You have a technical background and broad set of technical skills. You are not afraid to learn or use new tools, write SQL, dig through tickets in Zendesk, read through server logs or do what ever else it takes for you to understand the issue, frame questions and get data quickly so you and your teams can solve problems fast
- You know how to take a systems (analyst) approach towards improving things and can identify when a solution calls for this type of approach as opposed to process-heavy changes
- You are excited about working remotely and have the skills and self discipline to do so effectively.
- You have a willingness to travel four weeks / year to meet with your team and the rest of the company.
You will be a good fit
- Are a creative and flexible problem solver, and are able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions
- Like getting in the weeds, solving problems, and making projects successful
- Are excited about multiple kinds of work and want to help out where it’s needed
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.
- Location: Our company is 100% remote. We are able to hire in North America (US & Canada), Africa (Senegal & Kenya), and Europe (UK, France, Germany, and Belgium). We will, however, consider full-time contractors in countries not listed.
- This is a permanent position
- Compensation: Worldwide: $70,600 / $87,200 | US: $88,200 / $109,000
- Major benefits:
- Subsidized health insurance and retirement contribution matching (both vary from country-to-country)
- 26 weeks fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
- Our team of over 400 employees are fully distributed across the world— working from coffee shops, homes, and coworking spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, play in bands, teach yoga , moonlight as YouTube influencers, are former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili and Wolof.
- We recently joined forces with WorldRemit, another remittance company, and we’re excited about the ways we can continue to provide the best service to our users.
How to apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume & cover letter describing your interest in Sendwave below. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Sendwave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up everyday.