In 2019, immigrants worldwide sent over $550 billion home to family and friends, dwarfing foreign governmental aid. In the age of cheap, quick transfers through services like Paypal and Venmo, these people are trekking to stores to pay fees averaging over 7% for transfers that typically take 24 hours or more.
Sendwave's mission is to change that by making sending money anywhere in the world easy and affordable. Since 2014, our app has allowed diaspora members from across Africa — and more recently the Philippines and Lebanon— to send money abroad fast, saving our users over 70% relative to Western Union and MoneyGram.
We are looking to rapidly expand around the world in the next year. That's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
We are dramtically increasing our marketing budget as we take our brand global, and we need your help to prepare us to do so. Our goal is to stay close to our users, while we scale fast. We need your help to find a way to keep our brand locally relevant, both from a Product and Marketing perspective. We need to build out the testing and feedback machine that ensures our brand work is continually improving and adding value to our users while staying aligned with Sendwave's vision and mission. Additionally, we'll be rolling out new products alongside our remittance app, and your guidance on positioning the brands alongside one another will be critical.
In your first few months, you'll:
- Design and implement Sendwave’s positioning strategy both from a global perspective and individual country perspective
- Define Sendwave’s brand strategy— this includes revising our style guides, auditing our existing content, writing brand guidelines, establishing our brand vision and refining our value proposition for the short and long term, hand in hand with your team
- Build a lovebrand that delights our users every day through:
- Owning, executing and measuring our brand KPI’s, including recall, recognition and top-of-mind awareness (TOMA) across markets
- Build and retain a successful team through:
- Establishing ambitious OKRs for the team that keeps the team strategically aligned
- Conducting the day-to-day management that ensures the team hits its goals and develops professionally
- Identify new positions to hire and management structures to build
- Ensure branding consistency across departments, marketing channels and regions
- Design a process for localization within all marketing channels
- Location: Our company is 100% remote. You can be based anywhere in the the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Belgium, Kenya, or Senegal.
- Compensation: Worldwide: $126,700 - $156,800 | US: $158,300 - $196,000
- Permanent Contract
- Major benefits:
- Subsidized health insurance and retirement contribution matching (both vary from country-to-country)
- 26 weeks fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience building high-level brand and positioning strategies for a global B2C product in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years of experience managing a diverse team with demonstrable achievements
- English fluency
You might be a good fit if you
- Know how to transform a local into a “glocal” brand
- Can implement quickly while staying aligned with strategic goals
- Are able to complete hands-on work while aligning closely with a strategic vision
- Have worked with designers or art directors before
- Quickly absorb new cultural settings and understand how they might impact Sendwave's brand and design strategy
Bonus points if you
- Are familiar with the diaspora communities we serve
- Have experience managing a team during periods of rapid growth
- Have experience with other digital products
- Have experience with other mission-driven or community-oriented companies
- Have design experience
- Are fluent in French
- Have experience working in C2C environments
- Our team of over 400 employees are fully distributed across the world— working from coffee shops, homes, and coworking spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, play in bands, teach yoga , moonlight as YouTube influencers, are former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili and Wolof.
- We recently joined forces with WorldRemit, another remittance company, and we’re excited about the ways we can continue to provide the best service to our users.
How to apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume & cover letter describing your interest in Sendwave below. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Sendwave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up everyday.