In 2019, immigrants worldwide sent over $550 billion home to family and friends, dwarfing foreign governmental aid. In the age of cheap, quick transfers through services like Paypal and Venmo, these people are trekking to stores to pay fees averaging over 7% for transfers that typically take 24 hours or more.
Sendwave's mission is to change that by making sending money anywhere in the world easy and affordable. Since 2014, our app has allowed diaspora members from several African nations - and more recently Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, saving our users over 70% relative to Western Union and MoneyGram.
We are looking to rapidly expand around the world in the next year. That's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
In your first few months, you'll:
- Partner with marketing, product, and executive stakeholders to define strategy and lead the development of creative concepts delivered through all media channels: advertising, video, web and social.
- Be in charge of creating all our design assets for our brand and Marketing campaigns, in alignment with our product team.
- Lead creation of all design assets for our brand and performance marketing campaigns.
- Build out nimble processes and guidelines to make sure the growth marketing team will level up their Marketing output in a brand consistent way without over processing.
- Build out nimble processes to level up growth marketing team output in a brand-consistent way without sacrificing growth pace.
- Own and adjust the brand and marketing guidelines according to the companies needs.
- Build and manage a small team of creative professionals, both in design and content to execute against brand and marketing initiatives.
- Grow a small team of creative design & content professionals
- Identify and partner with various international agencies to support creative development and creative execution.
- Evaluate talent for employment and freelancing; commission third-party agencies and production partners when needed.
- Lead creative and production teams to ship design solutions that meet business and marketing needs.
- Compensation: Worldwide: $99,900 | US: $124,733
- Location: Our company is 100% remote. You can be based anywhere in the the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Belgium, Kenya, or Senegal.
- Permanent Contract
- Major benefits:
- Subsidized health insurance and retirement contribution matching (both vary from country-to-country)
- 26 weeks fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimumrequirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
- This role requires at least 5 years of operational work experience as a designer, working in fast paced environments, with at least 1 year of management experience.
- Experience working on B2C products
- Native or fluent in English
You might be a good fit if you
- Love to work in a fast paced environment, where you are comfortable being hands on, while being able to continue seeing the bigger picture.
- Enjoy testing early and often and approach design within the same spirit
- Quickly absorb new cultural settings and understand how they might impact Sendwave's brand and design strategy.
- Our team of over 200 employees are fully distributed across the world— working from coffee shops, homes, and coworking spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, play in bands, teach yoga , moonlight as YouTube influencers, are former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili and Wolof.
- We recently joined forces with WorldRemit, another remittance company, and we’re excited about the ways we can continue to provide the best service to our users.
How to apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume & cover letter describing your interest in Sendwave below. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Sendwave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up everyday.