In 2019, immigrants worldwide sent over $550 billion home to family and friends, dwarfing foreign governmental aid. In the age of cheap, quick transfers through services like Paypal and Venmo, these people are trekking to stores to pay fees averaging over 7% for transfers that typically take 24 hours or more.
Sendwave's mission is to change that by making sending money anywhere in the world easy and affordable. Since 2014, our app has allowed diaspora members from several African nations - and more recently Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, saving our users over 70% relative to Western Union and MoneyGram.
We are looking to rapidly expand around the world in the next year. That's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
Delighting our users is a core value at Sendwave. We are looking for a User Protection Support Representative who will provide our new users with a seamless experience as they begin to use Sendwave. User Protection Support Representative responsibilities include helping our users submit identification documents to fulfill compliance and regulatory requirements, ensuring users are sending funds to legitimate counter-parties, and helping users to complete their first transactions. If you’re familiar with providing stellar customer service and have a passion for preventing fraud, we’d like to consider you! Ultimately, you will make sure our users feel their information is secure and that they made the right choice in using Sendwave for their remittance needs!
In this position you'll:
- Learn Sendwave processes and culture to ensure that you can provide every user the stellar experience they deserve.
- Assist new users via inbound calls, texts and emails with various issues related to the onboarding process.
- Complete the verification process for all new users, determining if they will be allowed to transact with Sendwave.
- Use our anti-fraud tools and verification systems to keep fraudsters off our platform.
- Participate in trainings & team meetings.
Skills you'll need to be successful:
- Ability to make high-quality decisions quickly, while being comfortable with sometimes making the wrong call.
- Enthusiastic about speaking with users (and fraudsters) to conduct verifications and ensure that legitimate users have a positive experience.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Specifically, ability to balance being firm and decisive in the event you are speaking to a fraudster with being empathetic when speaking to legitimate users and borderline cases.
- Natural curiosity. A desire to keep after a problem until you understand what is going on.
- Ability to track fraudster patterns as they morph.
- Fluency in Somali, Swahili, Italian, Spanish or French is a plus!
- Ability to commit to a full time schedule (40 hrs per week)
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and statutory holidays if required.
- Ability to work assigned shift, as we are open 24 hours per day/7 days per week.
- 2+ years of customer service experience, some call center experience required.
Our company, including our support team, is 100% remote. External candidates must be authorized to work in Kenya or Senegal. External candidates authorized to work exclusively outside of Kenya or Senegal will not be considered.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will be based on experience and localized for your local economy.
- Benefits package
- Equipment provided (laptop, headset).
- Position is remote, and can be executed from any quiet location with reliable, fast internet.
- Our team of over 200 employees are fully distributed across the world— working from coffee shops, homes, and coworking spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, play in bands, teach yoga , moonlight as YouTube influencers, are former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili and Wolof.
- We recently joined forces with WorldRemit, another remittance company, and we’re excited about the ways we can continue to provide the best service to our users.
How to apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume & cover letter describing your interest in Sendwave below. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Sendwave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up everyday.