Sendle helps small businesses thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable. We’re a B Corp and the first 100% carbon-neutral delivery service in the U.S., Australia, and now Canada! We tap into big business shipping networks to create a simple, user-friendly service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
We are a fast-growing business with bold ambitions, a team full of passion, and a mission to build shipping that’s good for the world. Our work has an impact; by powering eCommerce logistics, our software is helping real-world businesses deliver real parcels to their customers.
A day in the life of our Staff Accountant
Our Staff Accountant’s goal is to support the day-to-day functions of the accounting department. From processing invoices to reconciling company credit cards, this role requires significant collaboration with both accounting and non-accounting internal teams. This role is a temporary position with the possibility of going permanent.
This will include various stand-alone tasks as needs arise, as well as some regular responsibilities, including:
- Reconciling credit cards across all subsidiaries
- Own customer invoicing including both creation or invoices and management of outstanding A/R
- Perform various tasks, as needed, in support of our annual audit and applicable governmental reporting requirements in the US, Canada, and Australia
- Provide continuous feedback for process improvements as operations scale
- Experience handling Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactional accounting
- General Accounting knowledge and experience, including GL coding, variance analysis and reconciliation procedures
- Experience with creation of manual adjusting journal entries
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, Excel is a must
- Ability to work overlapping hours with US Pacific Standard Time
You might also have
- Knowledge and understanding of the Netsuite ERP System or similar
- Payroll Processing experience
- 15 days of vacation leave
- 15 days of sick leave
- Birthday leave
- Night differential pay (as applicable)
- HMO on Day 1 + 1 free dependent
- Internet allowance
- Coffee allowance
- Wellness allowance
- Remote work allowance
- Fun budget to celebrate events
- Working with an awesome team :)
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
- Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak the truth.
- Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
- Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and tackle the hard problems.
- High-Performing - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
Also, we would like you to know
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.